The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Infection by Eric Ross (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
I just stumbled upon this on Papercrane's website. Check it out! Smile

Infection

The Infection is Eric Ross's take on an effect that was featured on a nationally televised magic special by Penn & Teller. Eric teaches you this great effect with permission from Penn & Teller.

This truly bizarre effect allows you to thread your ear piercing with a needle and thread and allow a spectator to rip the thread straight through your ear. This is a beautiful performance piece that will make you stand out from the common trickster.
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
637 Posts

Profile of DeeChristopherMagic
Gosh, I remember Eric showing me this aaaaaages ago - I'd completely forgotten about it!! It's a great effect. Highly recommended!

DC
Producer // PenguinMagic.com

My new book :: Astral Psychometry. Modern Mystical Mentalism.
Magic Cafe members get 20% off - Use code MAGICCAFE at checkout!

https://deechristopher.rocks/collections/dee-christopher-products/products/astral-psychometry
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Yawn.
This left me totally unimpressed. String through ring, rubber band, etc....ad nauseum and now an ear piercing. Am I really missing something new here?

~gaffed~
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
664 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
Do I need a piercing? Smile
gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
872 Posts

Profile of gitty
It looks creepy!
I would like to know more about it!
WALTHER
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I like this - looks good. You can get a great deal from Paper Crane Production now thru 12/1/09. I'm going to learn this.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2220 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Unfortunately my ear is not pierced but I'm still intrigued by this. I assume it could be done with a tongue piercing too?
RooMan
View Profile
Special user
Texas
703 Posts

Profile of RooMan
Geeeezzz...why won't the videos play for me???
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Quote:
On 2009-11-07 01:37, RooMan wrote:
Geeeezzz...why won't the videos play for me???

Same here, Roo.
~Joe
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2220 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Eric, can you perform it on a spectator?
Rafael The Master Hypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
South East Asia
489 Posts

Profile of Rafael The Master Hypnotist
Quote:
On 2009-11-07 12:45, MagicBrent wrote:

Yep, you can
The BIGEST Room in the world is the Room for Improvement
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2220 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Sold!
gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
872 Posts

Profile of gitty
MagicBrent,
please let us know your review!
Thanks!
WALTHER
RooMan
View Profile
Special user
Texas
703 Posts

Profile of RooMan
I might be interested in this if I could get the blasted video to play. I tried joining Vimeo but that didn't do a thing. Paper Crane is silent on the subject.

Hey guys...use Youtube!
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Quote:
On 2009-11-07 17:28, RooMan wrote:
I might be interested in this if I could get the blasted video to play. I tried joining Vimeo but that didn't do a thing. Paper Crane is silent on the subject.

Hey guys...use Youtube!

Thanks for the tip Roo:

ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_uNnDF1xBg
~Joe
mayniac
View Profile
Special user
589 Posts

Profile of mayniac
[quote]On 2009-11-07 13:10, Rafael The Master Hypnotist wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-11-07 12:45, MagicBrent wrote:

Yep, you can
[/quote
I think that's pushing the limits WAY too far. I would never let a random man who I just met about 10 minutes ago push a needle with string through my ear. It just seems like a magician trying to get a reaction out of his crowd despite what horrible looking/feeling experiences they're going through.

Even if they are not in any pain, I would not do this on a spectator.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2220 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Gitty, I thought it was worth the price. I especially like the way it is produced in that grunge street magic macabre way, similar to a Sean Fields video...You may smack yourself for not thinking of the solution yourself. That being said, I'd recommend this effect. Even though my ears are not pierced, I talked my eight year old to let me do it on her to freak out Mom. Haven't done it yet, but looking forward to.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6967 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Shane Black (the magician, not the screenwriter) did this for me this past weekend. Fooled the stuff out of me. Cool effect for those of you who have piercings.
shane.black
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of shane.black
Haha not the screenwriter Cameron. I performed this effect several times this past weekend for different audiences and the reactions where similiar. I will say this even though my booth did very well at the Daytona Convention a lot of those guys where looking for instant purchase of infection after watching my performance and we only have the effect as a download. Either way this effect is easy, and will leave your spectator in complete awww. It's a win win situation for the price.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Infection by Eric Ross (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL