The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Dual Control Revisited with Michael Vincent (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
"Michael Vincent is back to bring you the most detailled look at this fabulous utility gimmick to date and after years of using and refining the technique and uses of the Dual Control gimmick, you can be sure that this is the definitive work on DVD."

Video trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7NHoBI4n7c

Info!
http://alakazam.co.uk/alakazam-magic-hot......ent.html

MICHAEL VINCENT IS BACK FOR CHRISTMAS 2009
ALAN ALAN'S DUAL CONTROL REVISITED

As we head rapidly towards the end of 2009 it is hard to not look back over the last year at Alakazam Magic without a certain gentleman's name springing immediately to mind...

Michael Vincent is a name that we are extremely proud to have associated with Alakazam Magic as he represents some of the finest magical abilities not only from the UK, but also in the world. With two of the best-selling DVD collections of 2009 to his name, Michael is back for Christmas with a landmark project that we are extremely excited about.

Those of you that have seen the Classic Magic of Michael Vincent series so far will already be aware of the influence that the legendary Alan Alan has had on Michael's career and magical mentoring. Alan Alan is a name synonymous with a utility gimmick that should be in the arsenal of EVERY magician. However references and detailed information has been scarce - until now! With Alan Alan's blessing and in the hands of one of the world's finest magicians, you can now learn, in full detail, the miracle of the Dual Control utility gimmick!

Originally credited to G. W. Hunter and referenced in many sources in previous magical literature, the Dual Control will allow you to create absolute miracles!

Michael Vincent is a leading source of knowledge on the Dual Control gimmick and as ever, his high quality standards and level of detail in explanation make this an essential MUST-HAVE this Christmas!

It has been a thorough delight to work again with Michael on this project and in fact both the previous projects that have seen release throughout the course of the previous year and I very much hope that ypu enjoy the Dual Control Revisited as much as I did learning about it and as I also do now performing it. Look out especially for Michael's tips on how to use the gimmick on how to open up almost any table-hopping situation with this fabulous gimmick.

http://www.alakazam.co.uk/

TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1653 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
If I'm correct, this was featured in one of (Harry Stanley's) GEN magazine some years ago.
It could have been under Duval. I could be wrong.
I may still have that issue.If you have the (Digital Gen)it should be there.
TrickyRicky
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
JAY MARSHALL was a master with this. I used it for a baffling rising card from borrowed deck... and so did Larry Jennings.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
michaelvincent
View Profile
V.I.P.
567 Posts

Profile of michaelvincent
Dear friends

It is great to hear the enthusiastic response to the relaunch of "The Dual Control".

I am very happy to and proud to have been associated with this versatile tool. Alan Alan taught me how to use The dual Control and all of the wonderful applications that go with it.

I want to thank Pete Nardi of Alakazam Magic and Russ Steven's of RSVP Magic for their faith in me and the project.

The Dual Control is now ready for shipment and you can learn more about it from my website. http://www.michaelvincentproductions.com

Cheers

Mike Vincent
Magic for the 21st Century
"Why be mediocre, when you have excellence as an option"

Mastering Magic

Elegant Decpetions

Learning Tools

The All Cards Blog

The Vincent Academy of Magic
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
USA
668 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
I had the orginal dvd way back when l&l were giving it away with every order. I don't remember do we need a jacket or long sleeve shirt to perform this.
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
I remmeber watching the clip L&L had for this and it looked kind of weird.

L&L:
"It's a powerful and time-tested apparatus that is simple to assemble with easily-obtainable materials. What's more, it's totally invisible when not in use and virtually undetectable when it is. It's easy to deploy and just as simple to ring out of play." ... "Then, you'll learn the amazing secret behind it all as he, along with magic legend Patrick Page, teach you how to assemble your own Dual Control system."
~Joe
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
974 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
I remember many great times in Alan Alan's 'The Magic Spot' during the 80's in Southampton Row, London. Alan Alan and Michael Vincent are masters of this gimmick and the rising card alone has to be one of the best out there, and you can use any deck.

Excellent stuff.

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - At The Table Lecture - Life's a Beach Vol 1 - Life's A Beach Vol 2 - Alas Chris and Jones.
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1057 Posts

Profile of John Carey
This is a wonderful utility with tons of apps.

John
Martin Waring
View Profile
Loyal user
York, England
255 Posts

Profile of Martin Waring
Just set this up. Its a cinch to set up given the excellent instructions and you don't need to find any extras. All you need is in the package.

After an hour's play with it I feel completely comfortable and confident to perform the supplied routines as shown so can't wait to try this out at my next gig at the weekend.

I love the rising card effect for Dual Control. I've tried a few rising card methods in the past but I've always been disappointed with the clean up elements, or the examinability of the deck, or the smoothness of the rise. This utility solves all those problems for me. DC also appears to be very durable which is a big plus as well.

This is one of those utilities which you could take to work with you and forget about, until the time you need it and then you are instantly ready to perform with next to no prep work.
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
I watched this clip:

http://www.alakazam.co.uk/alakazam-magic......vmcchk=1

That wasn't the trick L&L showed by Alan Alan. The Michael Vincent trick was incredible.
~Joe
nique
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
940 Posts

Profile of nique
The handling for the Rising Card leaves nicks in the edges of the deck and especially the selection. Do I have the setup too "tight", or is this bound to happen? If I loosen it up then the pencil effect becomes a little trickier.

Anyone?
https://youtube.com/user/nateuqin

"ChairLess - A Chair Prediction"

"Epique - A Mental Epic"

"TAP - The Assignment Prediction"

PM or email me for details:

niquetan@gmail.com

Reviews here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=462773&forum=303&13

https://m.facebook.com/niquetanmindreader/

www.niquetan.com
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
I am sure Michael Vincent would have come up with some nice improvement(s) to the good old 'Dual Control' by Alan Alan. I like the way Michael thinks. Look forward to the release of Dual Control Revisited.

Quote:
On 2009-12-07 23:37, nique wrote:
The handling for the Rising Card leaves nicks in the edges of the deck and especially the selection. Do I have the setup too "tight", or is this bound to happen? If I loosen it up then the pencil effect becomes a little trickier.

Anyone?

The term "Dual Control" is not only applicable to the utility device but the same also applies for controlling the tension Smile - I mean, the tension can be adjusted in two ways: (a) By actively adjusting the tension; and (b) By passively adjusting the tension (i.e. by bringing the hot arm close or away from the body).

Give (b) a try.

Basically one needs to fine tune the tension. It’s a combination of (a) & (b).

Hope this helps! Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
johnboy
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of johnboy
I`m sorry to place a negative post re this item, but here it is.
The item itself is very good, the intruction by Michael Vincent is as expected very clear and thorough. And the effects as performed are reasonably easily obtainable.
So why a negative post?
It is not explained that to perform this effect that you must be wearing a jacket, and most importantly that the gimmick must be sewn into each jacket that you use in each performance. ( the gimmick is easily obtainable to make several versions. )
However this does not suit my performing style and was a big letdown when revealed on the DVD )
If this does not bother you then in fairness you will like it ! ( I wish I could perform the rising card as explained ! )
Hope this review aids your decision to buy.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I wear a jacket, so perhaps this would be for me. But, I do the McBride effect and have been so happy with it, I'm reluctant to change.

Kundalini Rising by Jeff McBride:

"Dangerously close to the real thing...the best rising card routine ever!"
-Paul Harris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Christophe Rossi
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Christophe Rossi
Just a question...
Do you think that to have the dual control in the jacket will be a problem for sleeving ?
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
So this one only works when we are wearing a jacket? How invisible is the gimmick?
Magic comes through perception. -HS
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
This will work with a long sleeve shirt also. Just the "get ready" can't be done on the fly in front of the specs.

I,ve done this effect on and off for years.

What T****D do you use when you need replacement?
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
I mean, it won't flash like Loops? I'm talking more about lighting than angle.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
I had (it broke recently) an earlier version from Supreme, marketed as the "Mesmer Gimmick". It came with a routine from Lewis Ganson called "Dual Control", that title referring to the use of two pencils. The routine, and instructions for construction of this version of the gimmick which does not need to be sown into the jacket, can be found in The Art of Close-Up vol. 1.

By the way, the bearded gentleman in the centre of the photo above is the late Joe Elman MIMC, Alan Alan's partner. He wrote the blindfold act in 13 Steps.

Barry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Dual Control Revisited with Michael Vincent (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL