We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Christmas Shows down?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
mr shiney
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of mr shiney
Well I go on my hols boxing day
so was worried I mite be down on last year as I'm missing the end week.
but ive got 47 bookings10 more than last year and that was a good year
so Im happy with my bookings
Best Job in the world

Mr Shiney
TRUMPETMAN
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
705 Posts

Profile of TRUMPETMAN
Nice that the UK is not seeing any sign of what is going on here in America. You folks are blessed. Bob is so correct about the misleading figures regarding unemployment as reported by the government.

A recent story in the news down here shed a much more accurate light on what is happening in Florida in particular. A poll was done to see just how bad things were, and this time, they included the folks who normally wouldn't draw unemployment (out of pride, or other reasons) as well as those whose unemployment benefits have run out (something the government NEVER reports).

The figure they came up with for SW Florida was a whopping 35%.

Not very encouraging , eh ?

:wow:

Mark
Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
facebook.com/robbietheringmaster
derrick
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug holes for
1044 Posts

Profile of derrick
I've lost only one of my annual gigs due to the economy and it is because the company went out of business over the summer. Overall my Christmas bookings are about the same as last year. I did pick up a sizeable car show gig in January, normally a time when I am just happy to have my restaurant gig. Smile
Bernie Balloons
View Profile
Elite user
N.Y.C.
480 Posts

Profile of Bernie Balloons
I am in NYC and it is down a bit .I am working but I do not have a load of extra work to go to my other employees.
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1037 Posts

Profile of bsears
I know that there are a lot of people struggling to get gigs. Very few of them would post it on a public board like this however. I am down about 20% over a good year last year, but am hopeful for a few last minute gigs to get things back up.

Just know that we are all in this together and that even the "big names" have felt the pinch from this recession economy.
JimbosMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of JimbosMagic
I have 1st to the 4th of Dec with no work, then every day up till Boxing day is booked, 2 and 3 shows some days, and 3 days I have 4 shows so not to bad really.
and most of my shows are 2 hours, but not on the 4 shows day. lol.
JIMMY CARLO. KIDabra International Family Entertainer of the Year 2009.
IBM Triple Award Winner. Uk Champion of Comedy Magic.
Represented the UK in the United Slapstick Awards on German TV.
European Children's Entertainer of the year 2007/8
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
It's good here, we're turning away shows because we're already booked and are still getting requests for shows.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Christmas Shows down?? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL