The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Body loads...sleeve bouqet and production from rear of costume (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
Can anyone comment on the appropriate body technique/technique for these?

jeff
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1488 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Conventional theory is that with the body turned slightly, the downstage hand is distracting/occupying the audience's attention with some action (such as a production of some item), while the upstage hand makes it's steal. But that is the most simplistic breakdown.

Tenkai (as quoted in "The Thoughts of Tenkai" regarded this as a rather primitive application. Further subtleties can be found in the performances of the masters (such as Cardini) where the downstage hand is actively involved and steals are done with that hand. Also, the notion of multiple simultaneous steals and 'holding out" the production make for more effective magic. (Note Lance's steal of three candles simultaneously in his manipulation act).

There are so many nuances and details that describing them in this way really may not be of value to you..so my apologies. Specifically, you may want to look to Patrick Page's works for a very effective handling of feather flowers and sleeve bouquets.

Regards-
JNeal
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Levent
View Profile
Special user
USA
801 Posts

Profile of Levent
JNeal's tip about Patrick Page is correct. Pat does the best work, I've seen with a feather bouquet stolen from the sleeve.

Pat is a living treasure. He's done a lot, seen a lot and remembers a lot. In a weird way, I think of him as a Jay Marshall of the British Isles.

Pat's feather flower opener is written up in about two or three of his lecture notes, but the notes that I have don't really explain his technical handling of the effect, just the presentation.

To really appreciate Pat, you have to see him do the trick. He does it on the L&L published video "Secret Seminars of Magic with Pat Page - London Stage Lecture". I don't know if it is on DVD, but I bought it a long time ago as a VHS tape and it was worth every penny I paid for it. Pat is awesome!!!

Best regards,
Levent
http://www.LeventMagic.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22863 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I have never read of a production of bouquet from the rear of the body. It may be possible with an added sleeve over the bouquet. Generally, it is from the sleeve, vest area, or in the apparatus itself.
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1855 Posts

Profile of Anatole
One of the best reference books on magic--for beginners and experienced magicians alike--is Pat Page's "Big Book of Magic." I'm away from home and don't have it handy, and I can't recall specifically whether it includes anything on producing sleeve bouquets, but it's worth a search of eBay or Amazon in any case.

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
silking
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of silking
Production from the sleeve is coved in the Pat Page book.

Silking
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7437 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I have a whole dvd lecture on producing Sleeve bouquets that was filmed at the Maic Castle.

Pat's advice is good but look at my Hoopla routine for a more up to date idea. You can see a demo of it and many other sleeve/body productions on the website demo video.

I have used a back of the back production for years. It was also done by the Blackstones and many others. It also could be done off the back of the leg.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
I've got Richard's DVD and can highly recommend it. He covers all the ends and outs along with some great routines. It is also very reasonable. If you are interested in sleeve bouquet productions, this is the DVD for you.
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
459 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
Keiko Muto has 2 DVDs as well and they are very good.
https://feather-flower.com/index.php?mai......guage=en

You can check her basic routine on Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkTWDG_wXso
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Body loads...sleeve bouqet and production from rear of costume (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL