The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Tagged... Feedback? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Shortelz
View Profile
Regular user
I am proud of my
132 Posts

Profile of Shortelz
Hello sir, May I please have some feedback.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6E459OapGc
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Look at your audience, not at the cards. It looked like you were playing to the floor. Also practice more, it looked like you were fumbling with and not handling the cards.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
It would be nice to hear some presentation instead of music. Your handling itself was fine. Not perfect, but it was certainly passable. I must say kudos on posting a video for others to comment - it takes a lot of guts to do that. Keep working on it man!
Shortelz
View Profile
Regular user
I am proud of my
132 Posts

Profile of Shortelz
Yeah Smile hmm I was thinking of trying to make a story or something ;P any examples? Or should I just use the patter from the DVD. Smile yes my presentation was horrible Smile
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
You were using poker sized cards and many will tell you that you should just use those and get used to them. I can use poker sized cards, no problem but even with very large hands I still prefer bridge sized cards. My great uncle, Harry Blackstone, Sr. advised me to use bridge sized cards when I was about your age. They were much easier to handle. The length is the same but they are a bit narrower. Bicycle and most other cards come in a bridge size.

But, there is also some wisdom in just learning with poker sized. When you get borrowed decks they seldom are bridge sized.

Practice looking in a mirror, that will help you to learn to look forward and now down. But you need to work on being able to do all your card moves without looking at your hands or the cards. Where you look is where the audience will look. Many a magician gives away the "move" by looking when he does it.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Tagged... Feedback? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL