The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Please help me name these two effects (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rozzerdog
View Profile
New user
California
20 Posts

Profile of Rozzerdog
Greetings fellow Magicians,

I was recently watching some of the old "World's Greatest Magic" episodes that I taped many, many years ago and I stumbled upon one effect I would really love to know the name of, and if it's still obtainable. The second effect I have a question about is something I saw performed many years ago as well, and still to this day I have no idea what the effect is called.

Here's the first effect:

The Magician has a spectator select a card, lost into the pack and then spread across the table. Then the Magician brings out a small wooden car which is used to move from one end of the deck to the other. But as the tiny car gets about half way, it stops and the spectator cannot move the car any further. Then right where the car stopped, is the spectators card. Can anyone help me put a name to this effect and let me know if it's still obtainable?

The second effect:

The Magician brings out a deck of cards and then removes them from the case. I cannot remember if the card was signed or not, but then something truly amazing happened. The Magician brings attention to the case which has a hole in the center, and after replacing the deck back into the case, the Magician then takes a wooden skewer and pushes it right the the card case while the deck is still inside.
Could anyone else possibly help me and let me know the name and if it too, and if it is still obtainable?

Hope to hear back from someone soon because these two effects have had a lasting impression on me, and would really love to perform them in my routine.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
The first sounds like Dutch Magician Dick Koornwinder's routine. Generally called the Koornwinder Car.
Second one, you need to ask somebody more into cards than me.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Yeah the first one has come into many varieties. Wooden car, crystal clear car, toy dog, even a little robot Smile

Great one tho, very entertaining and surely will make your audience laughing or at least a really really big grin.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
There is also the Lego Car ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Rozzerdog
View Profile
New user
California
20 Posts

Profile of Rozzerdog
Thank you guys for helping me with the name of the first effect, the second one seems to be rather obscure and maybe a lost gem.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Please help me name these two effects (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL