The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Noivel method for a haunted hank (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ldl1017
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of ldl1017
Hi Guys,
I don't know if this is the right area for this. Last night a number of us worked a charity show for the local chapter of Special Olympics. One of the magis had a unique haunted hank. It was comprised of a series of very small square beadson a length of string and the whole thing was attached to the top corner of a double wall hank. It was similar in operation to a break away wand. at the end of the string of smalll beads were two larger beads. All you had to do was move the two larger beads aoart and apply preessure to the string of small beads and the silk rose up. He said it was from England. Has anyone seen this item? I would like to get a hold of one.
Lou
“I am, as I've said, merely competent. But in an age of incompetence, that makes me extraordinary.”
Billy Joel
Jef Eaton
View Profile
Special user
518 Posts

Profile of Jef Eaton
I think it is called a rigid hank. I have seen them in the US.
kandumagic.com
<BR>jjeaton@aol.com
<BR>Creator of what my Mom thinks are the funniest kid show props around!
TRUMPETMAN
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
705 Posts

Profile of TRUMPETMAN
They are a very inexpensive item. I bought two or three off eBay. I have used them for comedy effects, and they go over well. Jef is correct on the name being Rigid Hank.

Mark
Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
facebook.com/robbietheringmaster
ldrosenblum
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
103 Posts

Profile of ldrosenblum
Is this it?

Rigid Silk Plus
The Handkerchief Trick with a difference. A folded silk hank is removed from Magi's pocket, twirled around so it's like a length of rope and held upright where it remains stiff and rigid! A billiard ball is balanced on the tip of the silk until finally silk collapses and all is normal! Cool trick and EZ to perform! Comes complete with red silk, gimmick, yellow ball and detailed instructions.

http://www.visualcomedian.com/stuff.html
Check out my new book on our 'perceptual superpowers': www.LawrenceRosenblum.com . It discusses new research on the psychology of misdirection and the neuroplasticity behind expert motor skills.
TRUMPETMAN
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
705 Posts

Profile of TRUMPETMAN
That's the one. I have balanced all kinds of things on the tip, and actually never used the little plastic balls that came with them. This is a very inexpensive and underated effect, IMHO. I have gotten a lot of mileage out of it...

:)

Mark
Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
facebook.com/robbietheringmaster
ldrosenblum
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
103 Posts

Profile of ldrosenblum
Most Excellent Mark-

It looks really fun. I will order one right away. There seems to be a few up on ebay.

Thank to everyone for pointing this out!

-Larry
Check out my new book on our 'perceptual superpowers': www.LawrenceRosenblum.com . It discusses new research on the psychology of misdirection and the neuroplasticity behind expert motor skills.
derrick
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug holes for
1044 Posts

Profile of derrick
How can you wrong with this? Cheap enough to buy and lose several (I'm great at losing stuff), small enough to carry anywhere. Sweet.
ldl1017
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of ldl1017
Thanks for all the responses. I've ordered one.
“I am, as I've said, merely competent. But in an age of incompetence, that makes me extraordinary.”
Billy Joel
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Noivel method for a haunted hank (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL