The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Little Man" Collector's Edition » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..20~21~22 [Next]
msmaster
View Profile
Special user
522 Posts

Profile of msmaster
But King, the point is: Are you really defending Paul Harris for advertising and preselling a trick before it's ready to bring to market?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Nope. I only pointed out that folks didn't have to pre-order and if they did and where unhappy, they are offering refunds. Many people seemed upset about it all and they haven't even pre-ordered.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
This "if you're not happy with the pre-order you can get a refund" argument seems to miss the point.

For me to be happy with my pre-order, or even unhappy with it, I need to have a set of expectations to measure my happiness against.

So I pre-order this today - what do I measure my happiness against - a delivery date would be good ---do we know it---not really---well why not use something else as an indicator of the goodness and timeliness of the product winging my way --ah yes the demo that has been alluded to in the ad since day one but is still in editing ---thats not a good sign is it.( James Cameron took 10 years to film his walking blue man,PH may beat that record)

So people are unhappy because they are being encouraged to pre-order but the frustrating thing is that the only guarantee that a pre-order gives anyone is a signed box when the little bloke eventually turns up - that's going to raise a few hackles with most right thinking folk.
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Man...this is like watching the Congress and Senate hash out the Health care Bill on C Span!
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
There is often much work between building a "proof of concept" item, a working reliable item that one can test and refine in realistic situations, what one finds out is actually robust and effective and then what can be produced in quantity and taken to market.

Also, we're having some unnecessary personal reputation stuff happening in this larger dialog. It would make us look more focused if we stopped conflating the person Paul Harris and those who are bringing products to market under the brand which uses his name.

Thanks,

Chef Boy are dese coins cold today
...to all the coins I've dropped here
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
So who won that "name Little Man" contest that ran awhile back? A new name would give us something to discuss for a page or two.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Clayton Walker is,
the name I'd like to submitt,
I hope that I win!
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
FredNarlo
View Profile
Loyal user
Been waiting for John Dough for the last
282 Posts

Profile of FredNarlo
Made of clay he is,
Mysterious man he is,
Make haste! Release him!
RooMan
View Profile
Special user
Texas
704 Posts

Profile of RooMan
Quote:
On 2009-12-11 19:14, mandarin wrote:

Reminds me of when I wrestled with my cousin. She was a girl. Sooner or later the crying would begin, followed by the "you really hurt me" and the like. That really made me mad, mostly because I really hate to cry in front of a girl.

HAHAHAHAHA! Great!
JPK
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of JPK
Good morning MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:
On 2009-12-11 20:48, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
So who won that "name Little Man" contest that ran awhile back? A new name would give us something to discuss for a page or two.

I don't believe it's been announced yet. I've checked the PHP website and it hasn't been mentioned.
John Kardel
SeanScottMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of SeanScottMagic
I am a fan of Paul. He is a definately a genius artist. It might be a good thing if Paul himself could post occasionally.
http://WWW.THEARTOFSEANSCOTT.COM
AVAILABLE EFFECTS:

ROAMING
RISE
RENDER
MODOSU
FACTORY LINE
BANDARIZUMU
KI
MXL
mumford
View Profile
Special user
652 Posts

Profile of mumford
Paul posts here by proxy, PHSIS.
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2009-11-11 18:05, Vorezo wrote:
I thought no other dealers were allowed to offer this for preorder according to this

"LITTLE MAN is one of these special effects, so we are requesting all dealers not to pre-sell or advertise LITTLE MAN until it is released to you. Little Man is a Paul Harris Presents Exclusive. You are not authorized to use any images, ad copy, or trailers of this item or advertise it for a period of 10 days after the product's physical release date. Once the item is available from Murphy's Magic Supplies, Inc. you will be provided all available ad copy, images, trailers and support that we can provide.. "

But there is one for sale on here for preorder and lets you have AOA for $50. Is this a mistake or is it correct?

http://themagicwarehouse.com/cgi-bin/findit.pl?x_item=TA468Z

That is correct.

Quote:
On 2009-11-12 17:21, Vorezo wrote:
Im a little conserned at this point as to weather or not they have a fully working model. If they did there should be a demo, and if there isn't why start taking pre orders?Hmm..

As am I. If it meets the hype, Paul H. should have no problem whatsoever providing us with a demo. Otherwise I can't believe that its not a pipe dream. Reminds me of another effect...
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
According to PHSIS's last post, this rough demo apparently was almost finished about a week ago. I assume we should be seeing it any day now.
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Eleven pages so far and it hasn't devolved to an OJ Simpson thread. I was under the impression that every thread, given enough time, eventually turns to OJ.

Ahhh...my bad, It did, I just didn't see the correlation. OJ walked.

Kevin
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
I think 11 pages worth of junk shows two things...

1) We don't have enough work so we all find ourselves blabbing on Magic Café about nothing (man were losers)

2) Paul H. your a genuis! I wouldn't put out a demo till 2011 and really get everyone going. Its like tickle me elmo here..
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Quote:
On 2009-12-12 14:17, Kevinr wrote:
I think 11 pages worth of junk shows two things...

1) We don't have enough work so we all find ourselves blabbing on Magic Café about nothing (man were losers)

2) Paul H. your a genuis! I wouldn't put out a demo till 2011 and really get everyone going. Its like tickle me elmo here..

LOL

You forgot the third thing though.

3) Everyone is so excited about the concept and idea that our frustrations about the lack of a demo is keeping us from investing into something that we want so bad that we are ticked at the style of marketing that is being presented to us to get us to invest into something that to our eyes and knowledge doesn't exist yet. (should I have put a comma in there somewhere? lol )
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
A period here and there would have been nice. Smile
Magic is a vanishing art.
FredNarlo
View Profile
Loyal user
Been waiting for John Dough for the last
282 Posts

Profile of FredNarlo
We wait till the day,
Little Man be on your way!
We cry if not soon
SeanScottMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of SeanScottMagic
Proxy might leave a little to be desired, as we're seeing in these 11 pages.
http://WWW.THEARTOFSEANSCOTT.COM
AVAILABLE EFFECTS:

ROAMING
RISE
RENDER
MODOSU
FACTORY LINE
BANDARIZUMU
KI
MXL
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Little Man" Collector's Edition » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..20~21~22 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL