The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » There are some people with scary intentions out there... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
David Bard
View Profile
New user
Palm Bay, Florida
36 Posts

Profile of David Bard
I was looking thru another magic forum and came across this thread.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/discuss/viewtopic.php?t=27362

I thought the story was bad enough, but then with all the people saying that they agreed with what he did I got really scared.
Thanks,
David Bard
m@gician.us
lithis
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of lithis
How terrible...
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
Unbelievable! That guy is the one who should feel like a brat.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Jon Gallagher
View Profile
Veteran user
Elmwood, Illinois
395 Posts

Profile of Jon Gallagher
I felt like joining that discussion board just so I could make fun of his grammar and spelling. I wonder how he would feel if HE were made to feel dumb.

It's a doggone good thing that I wasn't the parent (of course, I would never have allowed my child to act like that one either). If a magician would have been that rude to my kid, I guarantee he wouldn't be working at that restaurant again... unless it was washing dishes.
www.jongallagher.com

Hey! I'm finally a Dot Com!
Wolfgang
View Profile
Loyal user
TEXAS
223 Posts

Profile of Wolfgang
That thread is sadder than Old Yeller.
"Sure, I do Scotch and Soda in every show. What? You mean there's a trick by that name?"
Eric Rose
View Profile
Regular user
Franklin, IN
160 Posts

Profile of Eric Rose
Wow. Ignoring all the confrontation and poor audience skills, I'm suprised the guy keeps his job there. It sounds like every 3 minutes he dashes to the kitchen to reset for his next trick.Smile
Andy H
View Profile
Regular user
London
106 Posts

Profile of Andy H
It makes magic look petty.
Paul Harris: My Astonishing Hero
ChrisZampese
View Profile
Veteran user
Hamilton, NZ
341 Posts

Profile of ChrisZampese
Whoa!! That was truly unbelievable!! I cant believe that either adult (the magician or the parent) would act they way they did!!

I am not going to say anymore because my temperature is rising already....
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are
mnmagic
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of mnmagic
[quote]On 2003-06-15 09:58, Jon Gallagher wrote:
I felt like joining that discussion board just so I could make fun of his grammar and spelling. I wonder how he would feel if HE were made to feel dumb.
/quote]

I am not sure a kid that arrogant can be made to feel dumb. I have had run-ins with know it all kids like that, but to go back and add more fuel to the fire like he did? At least the kid's parent was understanding!!

Shawn
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
That made me glad I'm a part of this forum and thankful for the respect that is emphasized here.
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Sacriest part was all the people agreeing with him that what he did was right.

And who the heck breaks a set to go into the kitchen for his next trick while working a table?!

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One-upmanship is a losing proposition in a restaurant (or any performing) situation in my professional opinion.

Nuff Said.

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3226 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
lithis,

I went to the PenguinMagic site to post a reply, but the topic was already locked. I found your reply to be excellent. I only wish they had allowed more replies agreeing with you.

I admire your rebuke because you dealt with facts, not name calling. If you call someone a jerk, then they might reject all your arguments. The way you worded your post might actually make this guy realize just how poorly he behaved. We can only hope.
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
jarrod
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of jarrod
I do magic for a couple of reasons. 1, it's a fun hobby and a challenge to practice new sleights/tricks. 2, it's a lot of fun to see people's reaction and it feels good to entertain people. Take away #2 and it's not worth it to me. I'm not sure I would have known how to handle the situation correctly, so I would have probably just moved on to a different area in the restaurant, but I certainly wouldn't have taunted her. That's too bad.
Maestro
View Profile
Special user
802 Posts

Profile of Maestro
Gee, the stuff in that thread is exactly what gives magic a bad name.
hokeypokey
View Profile
New user
Chicago
71 Posts

Profile of hokeypokey
That was truly awful. I especially cringed at one response that said "Yes it is fun and that's what makes me really like magic....When im doing magic for people as entertainment its great, but when i play for the win it drives me nuts wilh the glory of being the one that wins."

Too bad the topic is locked.
Dennis
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Dennis
Nine months, all gimmicks and an ego...
No wonder most people dislike 'magicians'.
...and he's being PAID to do this!!!

Dennis
Smile
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
This fellow's signature is "Any day above ground is a good day." With his performance style and approach to spectators, particularly difficult children, he may not see another day when he meats his parental match.
Timothy
View Profile
Regular user
Alabama, USA
174 Posts

Profile of Timothy
If that guy is where he says he is from, I'm glad he's not in North Alabama mucking up the area I am working. Smile
Cabrera
View Profile
Special user
Seattle
513 Posts

Profile of Cabrera
In my opinion the kid was not only illiterate, but an ****py amateur magician with no people skills. He made a fool of himself just by his post alone. Can you imagine how BAD he would look in real life?
THi best "tip" he can ever get is. Please quit Magic for the sake of the art and go back to school and learn sum proper gramer.
"The quilt of life is woven with many different threads"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » There are some people with scary intentions out there... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL