The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Can I Produce Spring Flowers Singly? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22858 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Now I can, because I found this excellent gimmick for the small spring flowers, similar to the Vernet production flowers cut to a 'V' shape.

This gimmick is far superior to the Vernet holders. It make the gimmick self-contained onto the flowers, meaning nothing to ditch after the final production. I seen a similar item, I believe it was from D. Robbins/E-Z Magic. Never could find the one with built-in metal holders again. So I was happy I found this version even though it was made of plastic. I had 2 sets of production flowers, so this gimmick was perfect for me. The flowers I have are the double spring flowers that open very wide and look great. This gimmick lets you do a Miser's Dream type of production with spring flowers.

These gimmicks are from Japan of course, the description says Vernet, but this is an error on the dealers web site. The instructions are in Japanese but if you study the drawing very carefully, you should see how to attach them to you stack of hand held spring flowers. Here: http://www.daytonamagic.com/products/SPR......F-2.html

Click here to view attached image.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11209 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
I still remember using those Japanese metal holders for the flowers 30 years ago. And now it seems they are not available anymore. And they look different from the photo, Bill.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22858 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The neat thing of this version is one flower is attached to the outside of the the holder and after loading the flowers, the 1st flower loaded into the holder has that little clip attached and it clips over the one attached to the holder to keep it closed. So the 2nd to last flower takes the clip off the last flower to be produced. When the last flower is produced, the holder goes with the final flower into the container.

The metal holder I was refering to was available about 6 years back. I was very similar and was of course attached under the green leaf of the flower. Great thinking on someones part. Even though the plastic version cannot be under the leaves, it is a great improvement to the rubberband idea or the Vernet version of just a holder. The vernet version leave you with a holder in each hand to ditch. Of course it can be dropped into the container with the last flower, but it is flesh color and therefore should not be released to soon, with this version no worries and concentration can be on the performance.

I am very happy that I found this gimmick, if it is not for you, that is okay.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11209 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
The gimmick you are talking about is great. Ihanks! I stopped using spring paper flowers for some time. I am now in the midst of experimenting with silk spring flowers of a different kind. Trying to make them look very realistic but yet they spring open very wide to be visual.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22858 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
James they have them on the market, just found them at this site: http://www.52magic.com/product_588.html

I am not using them to show magicians, but lay audiences, that really like flower productions from my experience of their previous reactions I have gotten from other spring flower productions.
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Bill you are a wealth of info.

Thank you so much. I appreciate you watching out for all of us. I'm going to go buy a couple from Daytona.

David
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11209 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Quote:
On 2009-11-13 03:58, wmhegbli wrote:
James they have them on the market, just found them at this site: http://www.52magic.com/product_588.html

I am not using them to show magicians, but lay audiences, that really like flower productions from my experience of their previous reactions I have gotten from other spring flower productions.

Thanks, Bill. I have seen and played with them and not too happy with them. Right now I am experimenting on making them look like those real flowers as in looks, shapes, color, etc, including the stalks, leaves and petals, and they will be made out of silks (japanese silks) and the flowers will spring open very widely for visual effects. I am right now taking photos and also downloading flowers pictures from all around the world to have them made so I would know how they would look. Once I am happy with my work I will post some photos later on.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22858 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2009-11-13 11:16, Darkwing wrote:
Bill you are a wealth of info.
Thank you so much. I appreciate you watching out for all of us. I'm going to go buy a couple from Daytona.
David

Your welcome, I have devoted my life to magic and the presentation of magic. It is not that I am looking out for anyone, it is just, when I find a good practical item, I think maybe others would be interested also.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Can I Produce Spring Flowers Singly? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL