The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review needed for: Survival Egg version 2 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1354 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Hello!

I'm consideing buying this used or new. Any reviews or thougts on this?

http://www.stevensmagic.com/index.php?ma......d=111519

mike Smile
dsalley13
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of dsalley13
Ouch!! I see your point by the price! I'd like to know about it to. It sounds great for kid-magic. I'd use a hard boiled egg, though. :o)

dsalley13
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1354 Posts

Profile of mike storz
The effect looks wonderful. Great for kids and doesn't scream gimmick (thanks to Dave for pointing this out!).

So, does anyone have this or can speak to this? I have Devils nail and scorpion.

Thanks,

mike Smile
gunthard
View Profile
New user
Germany
86 Posts

Profile of gunthard
Hi Mike,
if you have a scorpion and the little extra, you can built your own gimmicked eggcup.
Gunthard
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1354 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Sent pm
Vorezo
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of Vorezo
In my opinion, there is no reason to do this/buy this. Smash and stab has a sort of suspense to it that plays out really big, but is dangerous in some cases. An egg is just kinda of meh and nothing really suspensful. So what if you break an egg on your hand...Especially for $160. I think using a different method for this, one that would not require a huge price tage. I believe Mathew Mello had something (name escapes me)? would be best if you wanted to use a routine with an egg.

Just my opinion.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3268 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I quite like the premise of smashing an egg. It could be played well as a comedy rather than the daring smash your hand on knife, nail ect. The price, well if its an ultra clean and baffling method compared to others that are over exposed these days, I personnally would not have a problem paying. I like the idea.
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
780 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
To Vorezo: It is called Instinct and it can just as easily be performed with an egg as it could with a nail or anything else.

Matthew Mello
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review needed for: Survival Egg version 2 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL