The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Music players (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
What is the best way to use music these days technologicaly? I still have all my old music on cassette tapes. I would like to use some kind of mp3 player but need to access music quickly when needed if you know what I mean?
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
I run my music off my laptop and stright into the mixer board. I am experimenting with using my 16G 3S iphone...
Dr. Richard Nongard, Professional Hypnosis Training
Learn how to master the art of SpeedTrance, Clinical and Stage Hypnosis
RSD
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
533 Posts

Profile of RSD
I do the same as Richard with a laptop. For shows where there is no budget for an audio tech, I control the music myself with a RC in my pocket. The RC controls Windows Media Player quite nicely.

For shows with an AV tech I use software designed for DJs. Its called Serato Scratch Live. The hardware for it can be pricey, but its advantage is that is very reliable, responsive and allows you to control 2 audio outputs from one laptop to go into a mixer.

The software is free to download and play with...

http://www.scratchlive.net/

However, to use it to its full potential you need the hardware.
RobertTemple
View Profile
Regular user
Newcastle, UK
174 Posts

Profile of RobertTemple
The iPod touch screen wins hands down in my eyes Smile
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
I use an MP3 player in my pocket, hooked up to a transmitter from a radio mike. It give me complete control.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Thanks. I was just wondering if someone had come up with a system that could change between tracks immediately from one to another? And make it easy?

Nice idea Tony.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20394 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Virtual Sound Man used to do that, but they are out of business.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
MatthewH
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of MatthewH
A little netbook (baby notebook!) would be a cheap alternative to a laptop, and still be able to handle basic music lists. Even using Windows Media Player you'll be able to hop between tracks with a double click.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Music players (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL