The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Biggest regrets (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
My biggest regret in doing hypnosis shows was to not collect testimonials and get professional show reels done. I have some video footage of my opening nights that were a bit ropey and amateurishly filmed. When I was doing the 4 walling I had some unbelievable shows I really wish I had documented them.

Once a tv crew filmed a publicity stunt for the news where I attempted to stop 600 smokers all at once. 200 turned up. I had about 17 on stage and shouted sleep and nearly the whole 200 fell into trance some off their seats. The camera team went crazy running around catching it all on film. A segment was used on the news but the whole event was on film. I never asked for it! What an idiot.

It got me into three national newspapers and two tv channels and a live spot on radio.

I also created a way to control the audience to make this look really really good. And it got me some great publicity. (I may market this method.)

I was young and didn’t realise the importance of collecting and constantly creating marketing material. If I were to start again today I would start with virtually nothing.

I am considering looking at some theatre type venues for next year.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20394 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea the only way we know how great you are is that you keep telling us.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
RobertTemple
View Profile
Regular user
Newcastle, UK
174 Posts

Profile of RobertTemple
I would personally love to come and see the show.. I've heard so much about it (from you).

Let us know when you have further details.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Ahh but.. I don't really need you to know I am great. I don't tell you I am great I just make great posts.

Actually I am telling newbies to start collecting marketing material now. If you can't read between the lines. Another good piece of advice free.

The only great things about peforming is the cash you take to the bank. Although you can be skilled as a hypnotist. It really is the volunteers that are great. you just need to find them and pull it out.

Lets be honest there is a ceiling in stage hypnosis where after a while it all becomes similar. I never cliamed to be a great performer more of an opportunist. I don't think there are great performers in stage hypnosis although I have seen some great examples of showmanship and publicity stunts.

Halpern comes to mind.

Actually I missed out on an important speaking gig this year partly because I didn't have an online presence so that is something I will be sorting out next year. The gig in question could've opened up some good doors.

Quote:
On 2009-11-14 10:17, RobertTemple wrote:
I would personally love to come and see the show.. I've heard so much about it (from you).

Let us know when you have further details.

Well yeah Robert but this is a forum that applies to everyone including you. Ive not seen Danny perform apart from a short clip with a couple old age pensioners which he quickly took down...

I said I'm gonna look for venue we shall see. Although it does seem like the time for hypnosis may well be coming back. If my old venue was still opened I would definately give it ago next year.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20394 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2009-11-14 11:26, mindpunisher wrote:

Actually I am telling newbies to start collecting marketing material now. If you can't read between the lines. Another good piece of advice free.

Well this piece of advice is really pretty self explanitory now isn't it?

I just can't believe that as much as you say there is no work and how bad hypnosis is and all you tend to go on and on about that you would want to jump back into the fray with all of us commoners is all.

Incidently I claim to be a guy who simply entertains the audience which is put in front of him every night. Nothing more nothing less. I think this may be just about as high as I wish to aspire to. "Best", "worst" all those distinctions in between I shall let others decide. I have too much actual work to do performing to concern myself with that sort of thing. I do the show safe and entertaining. The vast majority of those who see it enjoy it. I work in an environment where they do not come to see ME spacifically like at a comedy club. I happen to be the act that is in front of them that night.

Entertain those in front of you and the world can ask no more. I know that I am probably the best hypnotist show they will see that night.

These do not seem to be very lofty claims now do they?

Oh and punishy, I have sent coppies of my show to anyone who has asked. Sending one to you just to have you act like a nit does sort of seem pointless now doesn't it?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Well I wouldn't want to jump in anything with you commoners I think that's a bit optimistic on your behalf. I haven't claimed anything. Where have I claimed anything? I have shared experiences which you are welcome to take or leave or ignore its a forum.

I have shared opinions which again you can take leave or ignore. Hypnosis has always been a huge part of my life. Much further than stage work. I have developed systems and processes that I am proud of and have made a lot of money for clients. Anybody who asks I can give proof. Testimonials etc.

And Danny I am pulling your leg more than half the time on here. I am sure you know how to do a show - you should by now surely. The OAP remark was a bit of a wind up. In fact pulling off shows with older people are more difficult than young people.

Whether I ever go back to stage work or not doesn't really matter. And if I did it wouldn't be in the frey or with anyone. It would be in my world and by myself. And purely for the money and ok for a bit of a laugh too.

I do regret not having documented that part of my life. This regret has only crept up on me recently. Now with cheap videos and easy access to the net everybody should document every success. I know seems pretty obvious. But things have changed a lot recently and now I need to.

>>>>Oh and punishy, I have sent copies of my show to anyone who has asked. Sending one to you just to have you act like a nit does sort of seem pointless now doesn't it?<<<<

Why would you send me a copy of your show? I never asked - you only send them to those that asked? Shows are pointless pieces of entertainment that are based on getting everyone to act like nits. Are you saying by watching your show it will make me act like one to? that's some claim.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20394 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2009-11-14 18:00, mindpunisher wrote:
Why would you send me a copy of your show? I never asked - you only send them to those that asked? Shows are pointless pieces of entertainment that are based on getting everyone to act like nits. Are you saying by watching your show it will make me act like one to? that's some claim.

Show me where I claimed that or wrote that or even implied that. Man the busses just don't go where you live do they?

What I said in response to YOUR claim to not knowing anything about me was that I sent shows to those who asked.

I saying simply that you are a negative person who is a nit on this forum and would watch any show that is not yours and find fault after fault and make up stuff and would never admit you have seen an ok show.

How you got what you wrote out of that is really indicitive more of your mindset and why you act the way you do than anything. Thank you for pointing it out.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Danny relax your so easy to wind up. You have gave me hours of pleasure on here as have some of the other inmates...

But you've been away for a while I see you are fresh for a fight. I can't be arsed man. You are too easy. In fact most on here are. its getting boring. (yawn)

I think I feel a new phase coming on.

On this forum I think I have made a really strong contribution. If you are smart enough to be able read the posts that is.

Then again perhaps your not. But either way your feeble attempts at verbal sparring are embarressing or perhaps Ive just seen it done it all before to the point where beating you up is wearing thin.

I mean how do you know I will find fault after fault with your show or any show? that's a bit of a negative statement isn't it? Ive never ever critisized any show on here. The only thing I have critisized are as follows.

Street hypnotists I stand by that. Rapid inductions that yank out an arm from the socket. And too many cheap products online. That could be seen as both a positive or negative contribution. Personally I see it as a positive one. Perhaps you are just looking through negative eyes.

I mean your last post seemed to be very negative and critical about me. If you read it over you will see you find fault after falt. Hey but who am I to call you negative I am sure you are a nice guy off line.

I don't seem my contribution on here as finding faults I see it as a balance. And anyway these points or faults don't need to be found you can't help tripping over them.

Go and have a cup of warm cocoa watch some tv and unwind. Send me your show if you like the clip you had up was quite good. I'm off to bed now things will seem better in the morning I'm sure.

By the way out of curiosity whatever happened to Eddini?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20394 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Wow. What color is the sky in your world anyhow?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Biggest regrets (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL