The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Which is better Run Wolf Run or Run Monster Run (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BScott8870
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
231 Posts

Profile of BScott8870
Hello,

Trying to decide which of these to try and purchase. I do only kids shows and wanted to see which of these routines works the best with kids.

Love Chance Wolf's products, but I also think kids would relate well to the Cookie Monster version.

If anyone has both of these and could give me pros and cons of each effect I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
The Cookie Monster is no longer part of the Sesame Street program as it promotes poor eating habits. He's been replaced by the Veggie Monster. As such I'd go for Run Wolf Run which is simply a magnificent prop.

jeff
Wes Holly
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore, MD
639 Posts

Profile of Wes Holly
As long as the prop is well made, it's your personality and the story line that is most important in making choices like this. I bought Bakery Bear years ago because I wasn't happy with the rabbit version and I liked the story I put to it. Give a story line that the kids can relate to and either prop will work for you.

I would like, at this time, to add that it is NOT necessary to tell the kids to tell you if they see the wolf/rabbit/bear move from one place to another. I've seen magi do this in youtube videos countless times and I just don't understand why. Assuming you have a good rapport, have a little faith that the audience will react the way you want them to, without being told to.

For example, in my storyline the bear has promised me that he won't go into the bakery anymore today. Then I continue with the story. Kids know you get in trouble if you break a promise, so when they see the bear go into the bakery, they are very quick to LOUDLY tell me what is happening. (It seems that kids love "telling on others" LOL) I, of course, object to this notion that the bear has broken his promise and refuse to believe the kids and, well you know how it goes from there.

Wes Holly
Happily Yours,
Wes Holly
www.wesholly.com
Baltimore, MD, USA
stevezany
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of stevezany
Jeff,

'Veggie Monster' is a widespread Internet rumor. Cookie Monster is still on the show eating cookies and now he also promotes healthy foods too.

Check out Sesame Street's Web site or Web store and you'll see there's still lots of cookies to be eaten:

http://store.sesamestreet.org/Dept.aspx?......=&page=0
magicone
View Profile
Veteran user
Doylestown, PA
352 Posts

Profile of magicone
I own both the Run-Wolf-Run and the Bakery Bear and they both work great. R-Wolf-R is made much better and you won't have to worry about it breaking. The Run Cookie Monster and Bakery Bear are made of plastic where Chance has made the Run Wolf to last a lifetime. (metal frame)

They both play the same and as Wes said it depends on your character. I opted not to purchase the Run Cookie (when I had the chance as they are harder to find) as I wanted to stay away from the whole copyright issue thing. Bakery Bear works just as well as Cookie but without the instant recognition or the additional $100 price increase (on average)

If I had to choose..... I'd definitely take the Run Wolf Run. Quality, Quality, Quality. Thank you Chance!
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
"C is for Cookie, that's good enough for me, oh Cookie, Cookie, Cookie starts with C!" Smile

I LOVED that song!!!

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!!!

Frank Thurston

www.FrankThurstonMagic.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Magic-of-Frank-Thurston/116625117910?ref=nf
ColinDymond
View Profile
Special user
Gloucestershire, England
675 Posts

Profile of ColinDymond
I have both, but I'm going to sell the Bakery Bear. The Wolf is so much better made. I used to let the bear have one cookie at the end because he'd done so much running arround.
BScott8870
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
231 Posts

Profile of BScott8870
I'm sold. Guess I will go with Chance Wolf's version!!!

Thanks for the feedback.

Bart
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
Quote:
On 2009-11-14 21:34, stevezany wrote:
Jeff,

'Veggie Monster' is a widespread Internet rumor. Cookie Monster is still on the show eating cookies and now he also promotes healthy foods too.

Check out Sesame Street's Web site or Web store and you'll see there's still lots of cookies to be eaten:

http://store.sesamestreet.org/Dept.aspx?......=&page=0

As a self described cookie monster myself I can' t tell you how relieved I am to hear that the PC movement has spared the beloved cookie monster.

Jeff
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Which is better Run Wolf Run or Run Monster Run (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL