The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Facts and questions about dreaming (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
What a statement. Rainbows are nice.
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
I consider myself a visual and auditory person. I don't have a very good kinesthetic memory.

I dream in color.

I mostly dream that something is going on for some time and I can follow a story for a while but it may or may not have an ending per se.

I occasionally have very strong emotions when dreaming (of all sorts).

I do have recurring dreams and recurring places in my dreams with different things happening in the same locations.

I have always enjoyed dreaming and occasionally solve problems or get good ideas when dreaming (or day dreaming).

I can occasionally do lucid dreaming like realize that there will be no consequences for eating anything at the dream buffet (I can taste in my dreams) or pursue a flying dream knowing its a dream. I can not read more than a few words while dreaming.

-Mary Mowder
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
NOVA just aired a very interesting show on the nature of dreams. The biggest surprise for me was to find out that we actually have TWO dream states, not just the one REM state that I thought we had.

As for reading in a dream, I think you can't because dreams have their origins on one side of the brain, while the ability to read is related to the other side. So you can't read something in a dream.

Me, I have dreams in color. They do have a story line. In fact, I have had three or four dreams on the same subject, almost as chapters in a story. I did start writing it down, but have since dropped the project. May just start it up again, as it was very vivid, almost as if it wanted me to write it.

I have also solved a problem with a class project in Assembly Language programming while dreaming. Not only did I figure out the problem, but I woke up with all the code still in my head to get the program to run! Truly amazing. In fact, as the Nova program points out, at least two Nobel Prizes have been won by problems that were solved in dreams. One of them, I think, was the structure of the atom and the other was for DNA.
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Facts and questions about dreaming (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL