The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » BOR (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tony Miller
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of Tony Miller
Last weekend I attended a mini convention known as Nerd Invasion. I went as a spectator and had a good time.

I learned one really important lesson that I want to share with anybody doing BOR sales.

A few small details first: Crowd size was 250 to 300 people over a 15 hour period. There were four vendors. The vendors were all specific to the theme of the event (nobody out of place). There were four vendors.

None of the vendors were setup to take credit/debit cards. They all encouraged people to use the ATM in the lobby. A common theme I was hearing: I'm not going to pay an ATM fee and then a bank fee. I'll look for it online later.

I watched one vendor over a two hour period lose hundreds of dollars of sales because we live in a plastic word instead of a cash one.

Have a smartphone? Odds are there is an applicaiton available that will allow you to take debit/credit. Something to think about.
__
"If you want magic in your life, start thinking like a magician." - Scott Grossberg
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
It would be easy to have a laptop with a dongle connection and use paypal to accept credit cards even.
Tony Miller
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of Tony Miller
Mindpunisher, good point.

You think a group of nerds would have figured that one out. ;-)

The $ I was going to spend with a couple of vendors wound up going to beer for folks in the groupp I was with. The bar took plastic.
__
"If you want magic in your life, start thinking like a magician." - Scott Grossberg
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20370 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I can't imagine why anyone would not take plastic in today's world.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
HypnotizeAmerica
View Profile
Veteran user
399 Posts

Profile of HypnotizeAmerica
What is this paper cash that you speak of?

Gotta take credit and debt cards - even for payments from shows.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » BOR (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL