The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Derren Brown’s 3D Magic Spectacular (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mackgreg
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of mackgreg
Derren Brown hosts a special programme in which the world's greatest magicians perform in 3D. Britain's leading performers dazzle the audience and archive footage features performances of some of history's most famous tricks.

Starting 10pm Channel 4 UK

These never work for me but I'll enjoy the magic anyway.
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2822 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
I forgot about this...neato!

Nathan
JoeBlack
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of JoeBlack
It must be over by now, how was it? You needed those red/blue glasses to watch the whole show?
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1348 Posts

Profile of Colin
Barry and Stuart stole the show. Bloody brilliant! (see what I did there Smile ) Absolutely incredible performers... nuff said.

Col.
Check out Psych-Artist.com now for free essays and other resources.
Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
Is it online anywhere?
JoeBlack
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of JoeBlack
Should be on youtube in a few hours, you would need the red/blue glasses to watch it properly though.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPTwAlPxo_o

I don't had *** glasses... but I will see it anyways
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1943 Posts

Profile of markthorold
Bravo Derren , I didn't see it but congratulate him on re-enstating his link with the "magic" fraternity .Its good to remember where you came from ( that's not a snidey remark in the slightest )
Mark
E.O.I
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
966 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
Quote:
On 2009-11-17 06:12, markthorold wrote:
Bravo Derren , I didn't see it but congratulate him on re-enstating his link with the "magic" fraternity .Its good to remember where you came from ( that's not a snidey remark in the slightest )
Mark

btw.. on his twitter page it says: more mentalism at derrenbrown.co.uk
"Reality is what you can get away with."
Robert A. Wilson

"Think for yourself and question authority."
Timothy Leary
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
I saw bits of this show and wasn't impressed. Siegfred and Roy looked dated. Lots of a British duo Barry and Stuart, who are about as funny as a hernia. A hodge-podge of all the reasons magic is so often sneered at by the general population.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2009-11-16 18:19, Colin wrote:
Barry and Stuart stole the show. Bloody brilliant! (see what I did there Smile ) Absolutely incredible performers... nuff said.

Col.

I have to agree they two are great very dark and very very funny. Tony how could you not like these guys?
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1699 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
Barry and Stuart were brilliant on their own show Magick way back when, and I've not seen anything they've done since that was quite as cool as that. The whole thing had a slightly insane feel about it that I thought was great. Magick series 2 anyone?

Re: DB3D: I think I enjoyed Derren's links more than some of the acts themselves. For some reason his high speed walk had me + Mrs. Smiff in stitches.
Check out the incredible Neural Miracle playing cards on Kickstarter:
-+: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/phillsmith/incredible-magic-with-the-neural-miracle-playing-cards :+-
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
Yeah I think Magick, although NOT hugely middle-of-the-road commercially popular was brilliant. Alas....
Both Colin and I (ok so we're a couple, sue us!) saw the guys at The Fringe and they simply ARE funny. But.... not for everyone.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1699 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
Bobser, the non-middle of the road nature was pretty much what I liked the most. One of the best sequences was at the end of the show where they were sat in a field in half a caravan, apparently stoned, just chatting with magic.

They are excellent, I love their rubiks cube routine on youtube.
-+: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/phillsmith/incredible-magic-with-the-neural-miracle-playing-cards :+-
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
Fist guy I saw doing the rubik'c cube was Bill Duncan of Fifth Dimension. But yes it's a fine wee trick
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1699 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
The trick itself is pretty much inconsequential, B&S's 'voice in the head' presentation is killer.
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1904 Posts

Profile of chmara
"Eye Cuddles?" Who wrote that intro?
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
Virungan
View Profile
Inner circle
Here and There
1156 Posts

Profile of Virungan
I saw Barry & Stuart's pre-festival preview show in London earlier this year and it was fantastic..

Haven't had a hernia so can't compare the two right now..
Smile When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth...Smile
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1348 Posts

Profile of Colin
Can you laugh so much you have a hernia? ... is so, that's my quote to them! Not that they need it now that they have been crowned the best comedy magic act in the world.

Some of the lines Stuart came out with on the spot were awesome. Very funny boys! Still got lots to see from them me thinks!

Col.
Check out Psych-Artist.com now for free essays and other resources.
KBLV
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas
188 Posts

Profile of KBLV
Chmara...Rod Serling wrote the best parts of that intro. I wonder if they paid his estate?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Derren Brown’s 3D Magic Spectacular (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL