The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Trevor Lewis Flashlight Fun (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zap
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Zap
Does anyone use Trevor Lewis's Flashlight Fun in their show? It's similar to the Blooming Bouquet, except using flashlights which light up in various ways.
Steve Hart
View Profile
Veteran user
Palm Bay, FL
382 Posts

Profile of Steve Hart
Sure, I use it. What a clever idea for a such a simple prop. Kids go wild over this gag. It plays very well for me.

I use the flashlight in my popcorn routine.
I convince the kids that the flashlight is what pops the popcorn. I know it's silly but It works.

Steve Hart
Cape Canaveral, FL USA
www.SteveHartSpeaks.com
www.magic2motivate.com
"Motivational Magicians are some of the highest paid magicians, find out why?"
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
I don't know of this effect, could you explain it a little more fully, pretty please? Thanks. Either that or point me to a review or selling site for the item.
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
913 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
Google to the rescue, once again!

Type "Trevor Lewis Flashlight Fun" in, and one of the sites is:

http://www.empiremagic.com/docs/genpl09.html

There's a picture of the prop and a detailed description of the effect.

Jeff
DanTheMagicMan
View Profile
Regular user
Edgewater, Maryland USA
138 Posts

Profile of DanTheMagicMan
It sounds like a great idea for a trick. I wish I had thought of it!
Dan The Magic Man
e-mail:[email]info@familymagicshows.com[/email]
web site:www.familymagicshows.com
MagicEvents.org - View or subscribe to upcoming magic events and birthdays.
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1433 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
I realize this forum is a few years old, but for the benefit of anyone who wanders in here I'll paste a reply I put in another topic regarding the Blooming Bouquet:

A cheap alternative to the blooming bouquet is one of those flashlights with a rubberized head (just like the ungimmicked one in the Trever Lewis "Flashlight Fun" routine). Turn the light on and unscrew the head until it just goes off (before the show). Offer to put the star of the show in the "spotlight" (which in my case is the birthday child) but the batteries are dead. Then with a flick of the thumb on the side of the head you can turn the light on as you put it under your arm.

When the kids say it's on you accuse them of teasing you and pull it out, flicking the head the other way with your thumb to turn it off. This way you can show them the batteries are dead by turning the switch on and off in front of them!

I too changed to the Trevor Lewis "Flashlight Fun" to get away from the "Blooming (feather) Bouquet and I love it, but I added this touch for the kids that yell "You're turning it on!"
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
macmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
MA
400 Posts

Profile of macmagic
I use this prop and it is wonderfull, I switched from the bouquet to this and will probably not go back, its easier to transport, easier to handle and you don't have feathers flying everywere!
I ask the audience how many people are paying close attention because we have to check to make sure your really paying attention and we are going to do that with this flashlight, you have to pay attention because when you see the light turn on............only when you see the light turn on I want you to say hey Greg!
then do the routine!
the only draw back I have found with this is you can't do it outside or in a really bright place! obviously!
"Its a magic thing...........you wouldn't understand"
T.House
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Profile of T.House
This is a rather expensive prop for what you get. Most of the fun of the routine comes from the regular flashlight, anyway. Besides that, you can even make at least half of the gimmicked flashlight yourself. How? Check out Dollar Store Lecture Notes by Don Wiberg, magicdon36@comcast.net

Bruce Hetzler
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Trevor Lewis Flashlight Fun (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL