The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » London, England to Swansea, Wales (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
I'm taking a trip from London to Swansea to see the opening night of Derren Brown's 'Enigma' show in February next year. The show is on the 10th, and I have to race back to London on the 11th to leave for Australia that evening. I'm doing the trip solo, and was thinking about making my way down there over a couple of days (haven't decided on car or public transport yet). Can anyone recommend any highlights that would be worth stopping for on such a trip?

Cheers,

Chris
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Well...nothing to see so take a nap during the trip. I'd ride a horse myself, in a cape and one of those tri cornered hats, then smack people with swords between stops for ale and wenches.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16262 Posts

Profile of tommy
Its not horses they ride down there.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
hitmouse
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of hitmouse
Just get the train from Paddington to Swansea. About 3 hours. You could stop in Bristol or Cardiff, both very interesting cities, but to be honest it is much easier to go direct and spend time in London and Swansea, also known as the "Lovely, ugly city (Dylan Thomas) or the "Pretty, ****ty city (Twin Town, a film you should watch beforehand.)
When you step out of Swansea railway station look down to see the inscription "Ambition is Critical" in the pavement.

Good museums and galleries walking distance from the Theatre. I believe there is a magic club which meets in one of the rooms of the theatre on a regular basis.
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
749 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
You'll get a good night out in swansea.Loads of pubs with live bands,loads of half cut students.The locals are nice people too!
Only a small detour to Bath,just off the M4.A very nice old spa town,knee deep in history.
A bit of a detour to Oxford.Up the M40,then back down through Swindon,which is instantly forgettable.Oxford's a great place to visit,shocking to drive round.
Windsor great park and Windsor castle,just off the M4,near Reading.That's on your route.
Prsonally,I'd go straight up the M1 to Nottingham.A belting night out,and I'd nip for a booze with you.
There's so much more than London on offer!
Ray.
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
hitmouse
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of hitmouse
As interesting as Nottingham is, it is 2-3 hours North of London, whereas Swansea is 3 hours due West of London. There is no direct train between Swansea and Nottingham, and driving is a little bit convoluted involving some tricky changes between the M42, M6,M5, M50, and either the M4 past the (terrible)Cardiff roadworks or the Heads of the Valleys road which is scenic but demanding.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » London, England to Swansea, Wales (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL