The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The psychic, the magician, the hypnotist, and the mentalist... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2460 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
At the moment I am rebranding my hypnosis show and the direction I have decided to go is the psychic one - I am now calling myself the Psychic Hypnotist.
If people on this forum are any guide, I think I may be onto something.

Yes, this is what I was referring to above.....relabeling so that it is specific to just you, not a group of labeled people. Something to set yourself apart. Although you used two of the label words together.....it would still be better.
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3010 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
I don't think laymen split hairs on "mentalist / psychic" nearly as much as magicians do.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2785 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Ask this in a different forum, your results may change!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
julieannjohnson
View Profile
Veteran user
305 Posts

Profile of julieannjohnson
I am going to assume (and I may be way wrong, so pelase forgive me) that you are interested in earning a living -- that "popularity" to you is not only about inflating your ego and increasing your fame, but also about paying the mortgage and keeping the kiddies in shoes.

Magicians certainly get the most fame, and the best ones have wealth-generating work coming out of their ears, but many of the magicians I know work only part time and hold down a "straight job" on the side. This is not the case with the Psychics I know. Most of them either can or do work full time as Psychic Entertainers.
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3010 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Quote:
On 2009-11-18 20:27, lunatik wrote:
Ask this in a different forum, your results may change!

It likely depends on the forum.

For the most part, the non-magicians I've talked to lump 'psychic' and 'mentalist' together and usually give the opinion of either, "It's all real," or, "It's all fake."

Your results may vary.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The psychic, the magician, the hypnotist, and the mentalist... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL