The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What kind of car do you drive? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
lesterkirad
View Profile
Loyal user
west lafayette, in
227 Posts

Profile of lesterkirad
1966 Chevy Corvair...I don't really know what else to say.
Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
You raise a smile Chris when you say about the Austin 1300's "simplicity". When they first came out they were considered over engineered! This was compared to the Austin A30/35/40 or Morris Minors of the day. They were part of a large group of cars made by the BMC Organisation.

Austin/Morris/Riley/Wolseley/Vanden Plas etc. This 'land crab' design with transverse (east-west) engine evolved from the Mini and included 1100s, 1300s, 1800s, and a 2.2. Awful designs like the Princess, Allegro, Marina were to come, and combined with the trades union nutcase leaders' activities, like the infamous 'Red Robbo' - the British car industry died as it could not compete with the imported Datsuns (Nissan) etc. Sorry to go on! (a favourite subject of mine)

- Now who's gonna fit a new exhaust manifold and gasket for Chrystal? Bring it round and I'll do it!! NB: Basil Fawlty famously gave an Austin 1100 a good thrashing with a piece of birch tree in "Fawlty Towers" you may all remember. The Griswalds (are they called?) used another land crab (the Austin Maxi) in the movie when they visited London and "knocked down" Stonehenge with it!! Sebring Convertible . . . hmm, a Chrysler. 2.7 twin cam 24 valve unit. Looks good, but you ARE going to buy the 5 speed manual of course for some REAL fun??? (What's this love affair you Americans have with automatics all about!!?)
Cheers, - Tony.
Tate
View Profile
Loyal user
NC
211 Posts

Profile of Tate
Am I the only guy here who's man enough to admit he drives a minivan? The funny thing is that when I go to Kidabra every year, (a great convention by the way) I meet single people who drive "mommy" minivans. Often they're full-time school show performers who bought the minivan for the room, but now admit how much they love their minivans.

One guy in particular surprised me. He's in his midtwenties and does a really "wild and crazy" comedy act at colleges. (Anybody know Adam Ace?) We were going to dinner together and he offered to drive. We cross the parking lot and he walks up to a minivan that is the same make, model, and color as mine.
fhood
View Profile
New user
Southern California
86 Posts

Profile of fhood
I drive a 1986 Chevrolet Camaro.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5359 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
er...a 1986 Yugo
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Quote:
On 2003-06-17 22:58, Tate wrote:
Am I the only guy here who's man enough to admit he drives a minivan?

Well I'm sure you all know about import racing right?

All the little Hondas, Toyotas and Nissans, etc.

I figured since most of those only have 4 Cylinders, and import street racing is highly illegal then I'd go undercover and start IMPORT MINIVAN RACING!

Hahaha! What a genious I am! Bigger room ofr a bigger engine. Get some big nice htings of NOS in the back! A huge stereo system.

Imagine what all the little kiddies in their $10,000 Honda with $40,000 in bodywork would think if you rolled up in some minivan lowered on 17 inch rims, full flowmaster exhaust and everything tricked out.

Chris
ChrisZampese
View Profile
Veteran user
Hamilton, NZ
341 Posts

Profile of ChrisZampese
Hey seismic,
When you are done with the minivan can you pop over to New Zealand and work on my Austin 1300!?

I think it would be great to pull up next to one of the 'boyracers' in their vamped up hondas etc in a 1970 Austin 1300, especially if it could drag them off!! Imagine the looks on their faces when they are beaten by a car that is 3 times their age!!
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are
EricClark
View Profile
New user
Boston, MA
68 Posts

Profile of EricClark
95 Honda Civic that some scoundrel ran into in the parking lot over night. Now I need a new driver side door. How can you hit a parked car!!!! My Honda is small, but not THAT small. AAAAAAAAGH! <end of frustrated rant> Smile
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
A 1974 CHEVY 4X4 it has a balls to the wall V-8 that sucks gas like whale and noisy as heck!
Hey you guys out there who own an SUV..reality check...it's a STATION WAGON!! Yeah yeah, they cleverly gave it a new name but it's still a Grizwald Special
Smile Smile
All in good fun,
Chance
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Take a wild, wild, wild guess!
ChrisZampese
View Profile
Veteran user
Hamilton, NZ
341 Posts

Profile of ChrisZampese
Quote:
Take a wild, wild, wild guess!

I would say, judging by your username that you drive...A 1986 Yellow Nissan with rusted hubcaps and all vinyl tan interior...but you have dreams of owning your very own Honda S2000??
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are
Zednanreh
View Profile
Loyal user
Miami, FL
211 Posts

Profile of Zednanreh
I've got a 2001 Toyota Echo, fun lil four wheels.

- Alex
So you want to market or sell your trick? Before you do, read this!
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Tony wish the darn shipping cost weren't so expensive or else I'd have that car sent over to you by next week. Hey, thanks for the offer however!

Lately I've been driving a lot of vehicles as I either lease,rent or borrow them depending on what I need it for. Lemme see...so far I've driven a 2003 Lexus, a 1970 Pontiac Lemans (yikes you get whiplash everytime you step on the gas) 2002 Pontiac Minivan, A 2003 Chevy Cavalier,a 1979 Toyota (definately a workhorse of a car, runs so smooth,) 91 Pontiac Sunbird. My favorite so far to drive has been this ancient white pickup truck (loaner vehicle by the gas station) It had monster truck tires on it!! Okay hard to get in but so much fun to drive...great view of the road!

I'm currently looking for a new vehicle..sigh Sebring Convertible..yuppers love the look of those ....but then again a Hummer would be great for road rage (Other peoples not mine) Dunno yet, I'm going to start looking in the next two weeks..suggestions would be appreciated.

"Take a wild wild quess"
Hmm lets see I picture you in a Volvo for some reason. Smile
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
Chrystal

I reckon an MGB roadster would suit you just fine, or a Porsche 365 Speedster.

Howard
Big Jeff
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
I drive a 1997 Chevy Tahoe 4X4. I Love it .

I'm waiting to buy a Custom Motorcycle from Jesse James at West Coast Chopper.

Smile
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
Am I lame or what? WINSTAR!

I want a mini-cooper though! (I think this fits my personality best)

Ellen
harryandersonfan.com
Mya Angel
View Profile
Special Assistant
California
1397 Posts

Profile of Mya Angel
Gold Porsche 911 with the whale tail - 2003
:baby:

When Steve lets me..... Smile

Smile
There is nothing that remains so constant as change. Don't end up like concrete, all mixed up and permanently set. Smile

He who slings mud will surely lose ground.
Mya Angel
View Profile
Special Assistant
California
1397 Posts

Profile of Mya Angel
Smile
There is nothing that remains so constant as change. Don't end up like concrete, all mixed up and permanently set. Smile

He who slings mud will surely lose ground.
Reg Rozee
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, Canada
592 Posts

Profile of Reg Rozee
Let's just say that my current vehicle will get me 500 km on $22 Canadian in gas. Nice to Mama Earth, nice to my wallet.

BUT my favourite beastie was my 1977 Chevy Monte Carlo, banana yellow Smile with a white leather interior. That thing was longer than a Ford Kingcab (by about 8 inches, if I remember right). Bought it flat out in cash with the extra money I made on a UN tour. Man I loved that car...

-Reg {*}
Reality is what doesn't go away when you stop believing in it. -Phillip K. Dick

Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes? -Chico Marx
Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
Probably the most bizarre motor I ever travelled in was a friend's MOSKVITCH. I think it was the 408 model, late 1960s. Definitely a 'non-fun' car - but incredibly strong with metal panels probably twice the thickness of the Austin Maxi (Grizwald) I had at the time. Some cross-culture expressions here, - is a "mini-van" what we call a "people carrier" or "mpv" - like a VW Sharan, Vauxhall Zafira, Chrysler Voyager etc? Also we usually call SUVs 4x4s (although probably most owners neither need, nor would know how to use a transfer box!!). So here we are, - North Americans have abandoned the "tanks" for small Jap. and European designs - and many British now drive around in these huge 4x4 cars, - even the Hummer is on sale now locally to where I live!! (Yep, Grizwalds the whole world over unite!!). . . and Howard is still chatting up Chrystal!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What kind of car do you drive? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL