The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Ireland Out of World Cup (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1365 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Last night Ireland were dumped out of the world cup to the hands(literally) of France,thanks to a handball coupled with a blind ref and linesman.I actually feel robbed,the country is in uproar.Given the problems we have as a nation at the moment getting to the world cup would have had a massive impact in lifting the people's spirits and even help the awful economic problems were facing but that aside just for purely football/sporting reasons Im gutted.

The handball incident along with FIFA's last minute seeding system makes me think that the big countries always gets the big calls.It be nice if the underdogs got a fair shout from time to time...another 4 years to the next world cup...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footbal......nce.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9YVNs-UwJY
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
The show ain't over till the fat lady sings and I hope she hasn't started. That was rubbish.
spatlind
View Profile
Special user
still moving
863 Posts

Profile of spatlind
Beat me to it Pete. We were cheated.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/......-ireland
Actions lie louder than words - Carolyn Wells

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature - Frank Lloyd Wright.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16248 Posts

Profile of tommy
Yep that was tough. Still, no use crying over spilt milk. Don’t worry you can still cheer for England. Smile
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
750 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
Just heard on the radio the Irish F.A. are putting in an official complaint and a demand for a replay.
I'd love to see it come off for you lads!
I watched the game and was gutted for you,you p^&&3d all over them!
Ray.
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
I still have a T-shirt from the last time Ireland was in the world cup. I was rooting for them because my family reportedly had Irish roots.

Since then my sister has done a ton of genealogical research into our family, and there are no Irish roots to be seen. At least not for the last 200 years.

I still get very drunk on March 17. Then again, well...well, let's not go there.

I'm still sorry about the World Cup. It's a hell of a lot more interesting without the old "France Italy Germany Brazil Argentina...OK, which one won't make the final four this time" contest.

Generally I root for underdogs. Ireland would have been a GREAT choice. And I'd be first in line to buy a T-shirt.
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1365 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Spatlind : Still Gutted! Mood here is sill of anger.

Tommy : I know some see this as only sport but it has massive impact on us here..plus it's nice to vent! I do hope England do well.

Ray : Thanks! Ah we had chances to kill off the game and the goal we conceded in Dublin was to be fair very unlucky but then again we did invite the French on us. In Paris we were excellent,feel very sorry for the lads! The FAI have made an offical complaint and have demanded a re-match but the French Football Federation would also have to encourage such an event in order for FIFA to even consider it and I cant see that happening.

Stoney : Thanks Smile I alway tend to go for the underdogs too..just the seeding fiasco and the incident last night makes me wonder did we ever have a fair fighting chance? FIFA promotes fair play but dosent practice what it preaches,which is a shame,I guess money talks Smile

Still Bitter,

Pete
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On 2009-11-19 17:18, Pete Legend wrote:

FIFA promotes fair play....

You should get at least one thing straight:

FIFA is the Antichrist.

Nuff said about that.
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1365 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Your right no arguments here!
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16248 Posts

Profile of tommy
We know how you feel, England will never get over The Hand God.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Pete:Aside from the loss,I hope you are well.I feel for you and your countrymen.The anguish of a defeat caused by partisanship at the worst,and just incompetent officiating at the best is disheartening,and frustrating.

I believe Karma and Destiny will eventually balance things out.Keep the faith.

My best.
Rich
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1365 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Hey Rich,

Good hearing from ya! Smile Thanks for the nice words Smile It is indeed a very frustrating experience and truly disheartening in equal measure.No wonder so many people get so cynical....Players in tears afterwards some of them getting old in the legs so may not have a 2nd chance Smile I play lots of sports myself and can relate to their feelings.

To lose on sporting grounds is tough but it's something you learn to deal with,after all that's sport but I do feel we were cheated so it's hard to take.

Thanks for understanding and giving me a place to vent Smile

Pete
Kurotoshiro
View Profile

France
0 Posts

Profile of Kurotoshiro
Hi,

As a french I must say that almost everyone here is sick about this (something like 8 out of 10 people asked) and we all want a rematch. There's nothing to be proud with winning a match like this.

I don't like soccer -playing it with friend is fun-, but now it's worse.

Viva American Football ! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Ireland Out of World Cup (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL