The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Party games (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

scaress
View Profile
Veteran user
salt lake city
337 Posts

Profile of scaress
Question.
didn't there used to be a section in the Café about party games?
I swore there was.
well I'll ask you then.

what's a good sourse for party games? fun ones, not the crap in the books at the library made in the 1950's.
or other audience participation games?
thanks.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
As simple as this one is, I like it. Everyone brings a baby picture. They all go into a hat (box, bag, or whatever). Host pulls out one at a time, and we all point at who we think it is. Sounds silly but it is fun.

Another, but it takes a lot of planning on the hosts part. Get a bunch of Video cassettes, or make a DVD to use. It is like name that tune, only with clips from movies. Also a lot of fun.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
My son has this set of cards called "Black Stories", which are an immensely popular serious of lateral puzzles. You can read about lateral puzzles here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Situation_puzzle

So anyway, what makes them fun is that the stories are usually morbid. A typical one would be something like:

Fact: A man listened to the radio in his car for five minutes. Then he shot his wife.

Story: The man was listening to a radio show in which the host called telephone numbers and gave prize money to those who answered questions correctly. The radio host announced that he was dialing a number...which belonged to the home of the man in the car. When another man answered the phone, he realized his wife was having an affair, so he went home and killed his wife.

Anyway, the game is marked to children, but I think it would be a great party game, and with a little bit of effort one could think up a few scenarios without having to actually buy the game.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Re: lateral puzzles or minute mysteries.

Here is a list of 126 you can print off and amuse yourself and your party guests with.

http://www.math.umass.edu/~diehl/mysteries.html
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
I've just noted I make a lot more typos when sober. A "serious" of lateral puzzles? "Marked" to children.

These alcohol free weekends will make a mockery of me yet.
MAKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I got banned for one of my
555 Posts

Profile of MAKMagic
2 words.
Beer Pong
1 word.
Beirut

2 names...1 game = A party of awesomeness.
.:Michael Kelley
<BR>www.RandomActsofEntertainment.com
On the Level, By the Square
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Party games (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL