The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Rich Hill Where Does the Duck Go? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rich Hill
View Profile
Regular user
Nashville, Indiana USA
166 Posts

Profile of Rich Hill
Thought you guys might like to see the new livestock vanish. http://www.richhillsillusionshop.com/duckvanish.htm
Rich Hill
<BR>www.richhillsillusionshop.com
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Looks like the same workings as the Copperfield version but with a sleek new modern look. Don't know if DC's take apart is copywrited by anyone but if it's built ethically and being sold, I think it's very cool!

I dig it...

Christopher
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1221 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
WOW!! That is the best looking one I have ever seen!
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
Reminds me a bit of the 'where does the ducks go' that Chance Wolf build for Ray Lum (http://www.wolfsmagic.com/MS_Lum_Duck.htm)
on a modern looking table like Copperfield uses...
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Hey folks,
I built my version like this about 6 years ago.
Funny thing is this is the second builder that appeared to follow my lead so to speak Smile Ahh ya know, no biggie. I am sure it is possible that two minds think alike.
Lets not get a rip off thread going here as I know Rich is a good guy.

I do plan to release my version eventually but I just want it on the record when I designed and built mine as well as posted the pics on the web six years ago.
http://wolfsmagic.com/MS_Lum_Duck.htm
Chance Wolf
Wolfs magic
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
gulamerian
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of gulamerian
I am not necessarily sure that it is a Copperfield original. Owen Magic has been selling the vanish and reappearance longer than Copperfield has been around.
Rich Hill
View Profile
Regular user
Nashville, Indiana USA
166 Posts

Profile of Rich Hill
Thanks Chance! I honestly hadn't seen yours until now...it's awesome! I just tend to build things asymetrical these days...By the way folks, if you have not seen Chance Wolf's beautiful magic, you're in for a treat! Go check it out at http://www.wolfsmagic.com
Rich Hill
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
818 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
Rich Hill is an finest magic Designer/Builder! The Best of the Best!

Paulo Cabrita
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
The 'where do the ducks go' (a titel given by W.J.Nixon) was invented by Servais LeRoy. the combination with the Duck bucket is credited to Bill Smith.
So the props are not Copperfields however the Routine (with the slo-mo repeat) is his and should not be copied! (but that's another story ;-) )
Glad to see that some people like Chance and Rich take pride in building quality props!
Keep up the good work...
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1221 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
Great history of the props! Thanks Rafael! Does anyone know who was the first to use the slo-mo repeat add on to a routine? I have seen it performed a few times.
Rich Hill
View Profile
Regular user
Nashville, Indiana USA
166 Posts

Profile of Rich Hill
My impression is that it was David Copperfield....anyone have any further info on this?
Rich Hill
ARNOMAGIE
View Profile
Regular user
France
200 Posts

Profile of ARNOMAGIE
Tommy Cooper (with a silk);
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
It's older than Tommy Cooper but like I said in another thread on this forum Tommy Cooper was the first to use this idea with a magic trick!(vanish a silk in a TT)
Bill Smith told me that Copperfield got the idea from Benny Hill (who used this idea in some of his sketches)
The idea to use it with a duck puppet in slo-mo & the magical ending of turning the Duck puppet in a real one is Copperfield Intellectual property!
ARNOMAGIE
View Profile
Regular user
France
200 Posts

Profile of ARNOMAGIE
Yes Rafael and it seems that for the duck puppet Copperfield was inspired by Steve Spill's Mind reading goose.
markmiller
View Profile
Special user
731 Posts

Profile of markmiller
The slo-mo idea was from Jeff Justice who did it with a silk through microphone stand. The Spill routine was being done by him before Webster was a member of the Copperfield cast, at the time a puppet - not the hand made one now being sold by Kohler - was in limited release and that's the one Dave uses.
msmaster
View Profile
Special user
522 Posts

Profile of msmaster
I remember the Justice routine right down to the music. Anyone know what ever happened to Jeff Justice? He was a really fine performer.
MagicArt
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of MagicArt
Rich HIll's Duck Vanish is absolutely breath taking! I saw it in person and the extreme details were totally impressive....the design pure art.
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
Where is the duck?

LOL

Best,
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Rich Hill Where Does the Duck Go? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.52 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL