The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Where can I find Wooden Billiard Balls? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BenHFarrar
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of BenHFarrar
Hi,

I have been doing the Billiard Balls for years, using silicone Fakini Balls (2 inch) mixed with wooden ones for certain moves and subtleties.

I would now like to find some 2 1/8 inch wooden balls. Anybody have any suggestions as to who might be able to make me a nice set of 5 balls and 1 shell?

Thanks,

Ben Hart
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
You might want to talk with Michael Baker who is always on this forum. His craftsmanship with magic apparatus is second to none. He can probably make you a great set.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22800 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
These are the largest Billiard Balls currently available from you favorite Magic Dealer. This is a wholesale only site that supplies dealers.

http://www.e-zmagic.com/catalog/productD......ID=19554

If you do not need the gimmick, then you can get 2" wood balls on line or at a local wood working company. Paint with several coats of paint.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11176 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Hi Ben,

While I appreciate David's kind words, there is someone else here on the Café who is a much better wood turner. Send a PM to angeloturn, and see if ball and shell sets is something he does. His ball boxes and pill boxes are the best I've seen.

If not, you can always check Owen Magic Supreme.

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22800 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Michael,

Yes, How could I forgot about Owen Magic, very expensive, but this currently the only supplier. They do not quote prices by email, so you have to call them by telephone or write a letter and send a self-addressed stamped envelope for their current price list. This was their policy, but I do not know if they have changed their policy recently.

http://owenmagic.com/Ball___Block/Ball__......k_2.html
BenHFarrar
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of BenHFarrar
Thanks for the replies.

I have sent a PM to angeloturn .

I have found it quite easy to get 2 inch wooden balls, but nowhere seems to be keen on doing 2 1/8. I haven't tried Owen Magic yet, but on their website, they mention making 1 3/4 and 2 inch sets, not any larger.

I hope I can find some. Somewhere...
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11176 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I'd like to hear the responses you get from anyone regarding these.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
angeloturn
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of angeloturn
Hello Michael

I made the set for Ben attached is a photo

Click here to view attached image.
Leave no wood unturned.....A
angeloturn
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of angeloturn
Leave no wood unturned.....A
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11176 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Angelo,

I am always amazed by your work! Maybe one day I'll be lucky enough to buy you a cup of coffee. Smile

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Where can I find Wooden Billiard Balls? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL