The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Thoughts on this shirt for a Kid show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jmdibrita
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of jmdibrita
Hi All,

I am in the process of putting a kid show together, getting a lot of great help from you guys here in this forum, thanks.

I asked this is a different forum with no answers.

Just want your guys opinions on this shirt. Would also wear black pants with red Converse sneakers. Again this would be for kids shows and possibly family events.

http://bestbowling.com/flamebowlingshirts.aspx

John
WayneNZ
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1013 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
That would look great john...
go for it
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Why do YOU like it, does it fit your character? those are more important questions to answer than what we think...
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
MoonRazor
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of MoonRazor
Sure I think it's fine, great for ages 8,9,10 and up.

not so good for younger kids.

Pay attention to how people react when they look at you.
If you don't get compliments it's not working.

It's a cool shirt but may not be best for a family performer catering to young kids.
jmdibrita
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of jmdibrita
Thanks guys, still playing with the character a little. I like to have fun with magic, you could say organized chaos. When I saw that shirt I was like that's me (well my character). Was concerned about the younger kids.

I will give it a go see what happens.

Thanks Again
The Magic Ref
View Profile
Veteran user
Flint, Mi.
303 Posts

Profile of The Magic Ref
I think it is a pretty cool shirt. If you perform a generic type magic show, without a specific theme, I like it.
Be Young...Have Fun!
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Also take into consideration what props you use in youe show. The saturation of color in the shirt could cause contrast problems with some of the props or possibly be a distraction for the audience. Just soemthing to consider as you weight the options. Good luck.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
MrGreggy
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of MrGreggy
Magic 4u02 has a very good point. On stage, a busy pattern can become a mess and distract. It can also make it almost impossible to see props you are holding in your hand.

This shirt would be great for strolling work, outdoors during the daytime when people will be relatively close to you. However, the problem of props getting lost in the pattern can still be a problem.
Ryan Price
View Profile
Special user
winnipeg, MB, Canada
641 Posts

Profile of Ryan Price
I’m sorry but I disagree with those that are saying that its a good fit. It doesn't scream professional in any sense of the word.

It belongs in the pile right beside "magic" ties and vests. If you turn off one client it was a bad choice. I’m not saying you have to wear a suit jacket but there does have to be a sense of professionalism. If you don’t want to wear a jacket look at what magic Dave wears.

Sorry if it rubs anyone the wrong way but you asked for opinions.
jmdibrita
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of jmdibrita
Ryan,

Thanks for your opinion, I am not a jacket person. I feel it restricts me while I am performing. My next option aside from the shirt was a tie and vest.

What are your reasons for not liking a tie and vest.
Ryan Price
View Profile
Special user
winnipeg, MB, Canada
641 Posts

Profile of Ryan Price
I don’t mind a tie and a vest. What I don’t like is the vest and ties that magic dealers sell (that might upset some people too). You can have a fun look without have playing cards and bunnies all over them. I also think a bowling shirt could work but not one with flames all over it. I do understand where you were coming from though.

The reason for my strong opinion against the shirt is that you want to be seen as a star. The first thing I think of when I think of a hack performer is a shirt similar to that or someone with playing cards all over their cloths. In some instances you would be starting lower in the bookers/audience’s mind and why would you want to do that to yourself if you don’t have to.
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4633 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I agree with Kyle, Ryan and Greg on this. The shirt would be good for casual, strolling performances. But for anything like a parlour-style kids' show, the design is too busy. Props that look that way are awesome, but not the performer's clothes. Better to go with a bright colour, and get clothes that have large blocks of that colour (see Magic Dave's outfit, as mentioned above, or mine: http://www.pottythepirate.com )
Doug
JimbosMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of JimbosMagic
These shirts would be a lot better for any type of show. And will look very professional.
http://bestbowling.com/classic57retrobowlingshirt.aspx
JIMMY CARLO. KIDabra International Family Entertainer of the Year 2009.
IBM Triple Award Winner. Uk Champion of Comedy Magic.
Represented the UK in the United Slapstick Awards on German TV.
European Children's Entertainer of the year 2007/8
MrGreggy
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of MrGreggy
Jimbo, those bowling shirts are AWESOME!! Thanks for that link, I'll be upgrading my outfits soon.
JimbosMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of JimbosMagic
Hi Greg. I am also going to get some after Christmas.
Have a good one my friend.
JIMMY CARLO. KIDabra International Family Entertainer of the Year 2009.
IBM Triple Award Winner. Uk Champion of Comedy Magic.
Represented the UK in the United Slapstick Awards on German TV.
European Children's Entertainer of the year 2007/8
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Thoughts on this shirt for a Kid show (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL