The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Backdrop Help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Zaprig1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Zaprig1
So, does the Mylar rain curtain accomplish the same thing as Nu-Lash etc?
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
852 Posts

Profile of illusions & reality
The problem with Mylar rain curtains is storage if you are not in a fixed location. Mylar tends to tangle and tear. The cheap stuff that you get from party stores will tear away from the top hem.

I have used royal blue Nu-lash for years. It has distinct advantages:

1. It doesn't wrinkle. It always looks good when hung. We store the curtain panels in large cloth bags inside ATA cases.

2. It is tough material. We have never had a panel tear.

3. It won't blind the audience like Mylar. When Mylar is lit, it's like a mirror reflection. When properly lit, Nu-lash hides threads, yet doesn't blind an audience.

4. The Royal blue panels compliment most other colors. We use them in conjunction with black velour curtain panels. They just make your stage setting look sharp!

$12 per yard from Rudy for 54" panels is a great value. 54" wide compared to 40" wide means you purchase less material for completed curtain panels. Guys, when you make the investment up front, it will last you for years!

Just my thoughts. No, I don't get a commission from Rudy or Rosebrand! Smile

Lou
Zaprig1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Zaprig1
Lou,

Thanks for a most complete response! Most of my props and illusions are royal blue/purple. I do have some red and black and silver/black illusions, but perhaps the contrast would be good.

Thanks again!
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
852 Posts

Profile of illusions & reality
My pleasure!

Lou
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1221 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
Zaprig1,

I just bought a large mylar rain curtain from Rosebrand. I had many others from here suggest that the mylar rain was the best for performing an Asrah levitation. I bought the pipe and base system to hang it from through somebody else though. They actually manufacture pipe and base products sold by Rosebrand, but they are much cheaper. If you are interested in the Mylar Rain type curtain let me know and I can send you the information I received from the magicians on here as well as my own experience with it.

Also, for anyone interested in pipe and base systems to hang your backdrops from. http://www.innovative-sys.com is the company that makes the systems sold by Rosebrand. Their prices are cheaper for the same product. The bases are pretty expensive though, even from them they were 169.00 a piece and I needed 4. I contacted a metal fabrication business in my home town. innovative-sys gave me the specs of their bases so I could see if these guys could make it. I am now having them made for 44 bucks a piece. That's 176 bucks total! 4 of them for nearly the price of 1!!! On top of that I saved a couple of hundred on the shipping costs. Innovative-sys was happy to help out even though it meant that they would not be selling their bases. I don't get a commission neither.....just thought I'd throw out the name of a great company!
Zaprig1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Zaprig1
W S,

Thanks for the info as well! Sure, I'd love to hear some more of the benefits to this system! Please feel free to PM me with more info!

CPH
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1221 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
Hello Zaprig,

PM Sent, if anyone else is interested feel free to contact me.

Scott
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Backdrop Help (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL