The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » My first promo photo - which one? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Flamel
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of Flamel
I'll vote #3 as well, best shot of the bunch.
James Crosbie
View Profile
New user
London
33 Posts

Profile of James Crosbie
The first photo is out of focus so not good in my opinion.

If I say a poster of your second and third shots, I'd be more intrigued by the second, simply because it portrays you as a magician who's a little...different...which usually means for a more entertaining experience!

However, agree with most others that the third photo is the best taken shot. As for which to use, in my opinion it depends what type of act you're trying to portray.

:)
Tony Miller
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Tony Miller
Chicken all the way. More humor and personality in that photo.
__
"If you want magic in your life, start thinking like a magician." - Scott Grossberg
coolini
View Profile
Regular user
australia
176 Posts

Profile of coolini
The little chicken in the photo seems like looking up, why don't you hold an egg on top of its head...would be better having 2 of your fingers on top hanging there I guess
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2292 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
Quote:
On 2009-11-25 05:44, coolini wrote:
The little chicken in the photo seems like looking up, why don't you hold an egg on top of its head...would be better having 2 of your fingers on top hanging there I guess

All I could get was a chicken, so I had to put bunny ears on him!

Ed
coolini
View Profile
Regular user
australia
176 Posts

Profile of coolini
Heyyy Ed,
that's not a bad idea,and funny presentation for kids... a chicken who think he's a rabbit...lol
aitchy
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of aitchy
I like the third photo more than the others but would recomend getting a real photographer to take the photos - it costs a lot but clients can tell in an instant and it will pay off in time.

a magician friend now makes three times what he used to simple because he lost 50 pounds, bleached his teeth white and got a better hair cut and then paid a pro to take photos and design a cool website.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
I like # 3 best mostly because your smile is genuine and likable. If the chicken represents your show well then it's a go with #3.

I'd also use it as your avatar (you could crop the chicken).

altchy, that's good advice but that first step is a Lulu (big one).

-Mary Mowder
stijnhommes
View Profile
Special user
568 Posts

Profile of stijnhommes
You've already got your winner, but I'll still add my vote for the chicken photograph. It's just plain fun. Smile Just make sure it goes with your act. It totally fits if your a kids magician or comedy magician. If you're a bizzarist, cardician or serious mentalist, you might want to consider something else.
maxignites
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of maxignites
Hi Ed...of course the third one is the best one Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » My first promo photo - which one? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL