The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Axtels Drawing Board (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rickyhmltn
View Profile
New user
USA
66 Posts

Profile of rickyhmltn
Hello, I didn't know where to ask this, but I was thinking about picking it up soon so I placed it in here as a best effort.

Are you able to pre-record audio on this, or is it real time ventriloquism.
In this video there doesn't seem to be any ventriloquism: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFznvb_ED......index=71

In this one there does: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q64HIu9yoD4&feature=related

Not asking for the secret or anything, but before I put out $100+ for it, does it require ventriloquism?
Doug Follett
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of Doug Follett
Nope, it doesn't require any venting if you don't want to. Have you been to this link?

http://www.axtell.com/mdb.html

There's a ton of info on it here, and there's also a link to the Axtrax page, which has recordings specifically made for the board.

Doug
Doug Follett
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of Doug Follett
I just re-read your question, you can't actually record anything on the board itself, you'll need an external device. The Axtrax are available on CD's, and as MP3 downloads.

Doug
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3723 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Axtell sells 2 different boards. One is the Special EFX board, the other is the Pro-Magic Drawing Board.

Steve
Alex Palombo
View Profile
Regular user
Abington, Pennislyvania
105 Posts

Profile of Alex Palombo
And min board for close-up
Philadelphia SYM Assembly 96 Member
Magicians' Alliance of Eastern States Member
Smile MAGICIAN DIRECTORY member
stevezany
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of stevezany
And there's an Axtell Remote Control Magic Drawing Board too.
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
There is also a new version coming out that will be fully programmable. You can record and playback your routine from a special MP3 controller. It will be compatible with most of the Remote Control Boards. We don't have a release date yet....still in development. : )
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Pro Puppets, Magic & Animatronics
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3723 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
...you tease!

Steve
drosenbe0813
View Profile
Elite user
Long Island, NY
405 Posts

Profile of drosenbe0813
I was going to PM this to Steve, but decided to make it an open letter, in case anyone else had a suggestion.

I recently used the drawing board in a nutrition show. I bought and edited the "I'm Hungry" axtrak to allow me to start off my show...and it worked great. The only problem that I have is that the Hungry routine just starts off. During the show, I had to restart the track because the kids were reacting so much to the board that they missed the first few lines.
I'd love to have some sort of generic drawing board track, which allows the board to introduce itself...and then go into a different routine. I looked at the current drawing board tracks...and they really don't do what I'm looking for.

Other than learning vent (which I plan on doing, but...when??) does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Wizzo the wizard
View Profile
Veteran user
327 Posts

Profile of Wizzo the wizard
Contact steve and he could make something up for you or you could let him know what you would like and then he can make a recording just for you!
Steve & Greg at Axtell are great at doing this!

Louis
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
I love open letters... in fact I'm going to be the "special guest" here on the Café in a week or so, so you'll have lots of opportunity.

Regarding your issue of the kids reacting so much to the board they missed the lines, I do have some suggestions.
1. Don't worry about your mouth moving. Do the voice yourself. When you turn your head to the board you help hide your mouth and you direct the attention of the kids to the board. They are not looking at you anyway.

2. Learn Vent! It's not that hard and it totally frees you up. Once you learn vent, you will double the impact of your magic show. It's becoming the new thing to do anyway. Everyone knows about Jeff Dunham and Terry Fator now. We offer the best characters to help you expand your magic show to include puppets. The AxTrax routines come without voice also for vents to use the sound effects and music as well.

3. Get a pause pedal or remote pause for your CD or Mp3 player. When the kids go crazy seeing the board come to life (what a great problem!) you can pause the routine and continue it.

4. Custom Routines are our specialty. We have a busy studio producing new AxTrax and MagicTrax all the time. If you want an exclusive one, or just want to suggest more routine ideas for the board - send me an email to steve@axtell.com anytime.

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Pro Puppets, Magic & Animatronics
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4620 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I second Steve's advice: LEARN VENT! Years ago, I studied the Maher Home Course of Ventriloquism. It will give you all the tools you need to make venting a reality in your shows. It was $99, a bargain. The bottom line is, every vent HAS to perform before he has perfect lip-control. I'd even suggest that every professional ventriloquist can get so tired that his/her lip control is less than perfect. That shouldn't be an issue. Good puppet manipulation is all part and parcel. But a serious study of the art is important if you want to learn it properly.
Of course, the Drawing Board is a "simple" puppet - movements are limited to eye and mouth movement, whereas a vent figure or other puppet can be expressive in many other ways.
Potty Smile
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
Ax,

I'm very excited to hear that you'll be a Guest of Honour here at the Café! Looking forward to posting and reading your responses.

Happy holidays to you and your family!

jeff
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Axtels Drawing Board (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL