The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Scandalous or No? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
MAKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I got banned for one of my
555 Posts

Profile of MAKMagic
No a 'certified' letter saying there is a bc isn't a bc. I don't need a certficate of live birth to say I have a bc. I have an actual bc. There has been lots of bac and forth. He says this Perot is fake that proof proves this this proof proves that. Why not just produce it it. That's all.
.:Michael Kelley
<BR>www.RandomActsofEntertainment.com
On the Level, By the Square
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2009-11-25 15:53, Tom Bartlett wrote:

As I stated in my last post; the government and the government controlled media are doing it’s best to discredit and suppress any peer reviewed reports or articles by credible research scientist or sincere journalist. We are only going to get to review the evidence that has not been destroyed or is reported by the liberal media which supports global warming that is not an honest. Don’t you think destroying evidence makes any of the statements and articles by those which destroyed it suspect and therefore unreliable?

This Thanksgiving I'm going to be giving special thanks that I don't live in your dark little world. I truly must be awful to live in such fear and dread all the time.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Tom Bartlett
View Profile
Special user
Our southern border could use
763 Posts

Profile of Tom Bartlett
Quote:
On 2009-11-25 16:51, EsnRedshirt wrote:
Acesover-
Cost reductions through going green saved my company about a penny per share. Sounds small, if you don't follow stocks, but it's actually huge. That's just last quarter, too.

Tom, Mak-
:stircoffee:
One lump or two?
You provided proof your company is well managed. Ford Has done this with using the Mazda 2.0 and 2.3 Duratec engines which are considered zero emission and that's one big reason Ford is not in financial trouble but it’s not about going green it’s about making your stockholders money. Yes making money by being conservative!

As far as the birth certificate goes, I could care less. My example was about Lou Dobbs being dropped by his employer because he questioned the current President providing evidence the media is controlled by the liberals in government.
Our friends don't have to agree with me about everything and some that I hold very dear don't have to agree about anything, except where we are going to meet them for dinner.
Tom Bartlett
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of Tom Bartlett
Quote:
On 2009-11-25 17:21, Payne wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-11-25 15:53, Tom Bartlett wrote:

As I stated in my last post; the government and the government controlled media are doing it’s best to discredit and suppress any peer reviewed reports or articles by credible research scientist or sincere journalist. We are only going to get to review the evidence that has not been destroyed or is reported by the liberal media which supports global warming that is not an honest. Don’t you think destroying evidence makes any of the statements and articles by those which destroyed it suspect and therefore unreliable?

This Thanksgiving I'm going to be giving special thanks that I don't live in your dark little world. I truly must be awful to live in such fear and dread all the time.
My world is not dark, I have the internet, my radio and Fox, all you have is your government job where I pay your salary.
Our friends don't have to agree with me about everything and some that I hold very dear don't have to agree about anything, except where we are going to meet them for dinner.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
So an official Certificate of Live Birth is dismissed and you wonder why people disregard the birthers as a lunatic fringe group?
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
MAKMagic
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of MAKMagic
Dude...it's NOT a birth certificate. It's an argument you'll say is proven already and I say isn't. You wishto believe me crazy have at it. Swallow the blue pill.
MAKMagic
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of MAKMagic
Wow that sounded curt. Posting from the iPhone adds an attitude I guess
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2009-11-25 17:37, Tom Bartlett wrote:

My world is not dark, I have the internet, my radio and Fox, all you have is your government job where I pay your salary.

Sorry, you lose. While I have a government job not a single penny of tax money goes to pay mine, or any of my co-workers salary. I work for a publicly owned electrical utility and my salary is paid by our rate payers. It's just like any other corporation except we pay a living wage and have excellent benefits. Since we don't have to make a profit for shareholders we can offer utility rates far below the national average while marinating a high level of customer service.
As an added benefit all of our power is green. Either generated through hydro or wind. Currently we are working towards establishing a smart Grid system that would allow any of our users to generate their own power and sell any excess back to us through the grid.
So who says the government can't run a business efficently?
So unless you are one of our many happy electrical cutomers, you are not paying my salary.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Who says government operations can't thrive!? All it takes is a monopoly on a product that people can't do without and the right to pass costs on to captive consumers!
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Tom Bartlett
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of Tom Bartlett
Quote:
On 2009-11-25 17:56, Payne wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-11-25 17:37, Tom Bartlett wrote:

Sorry, you lose. While I have a government job not a single penny of tax money goes to pay mine, or any of my co-workers salary. I work for a publicly owned electrical utility and my salary is paid by our rate payers. It's just like any other corporation except we pay a living wage and have excellent benefits. Since we don't have to make a profit for shareholders we can offer utility rates far below the national average while marinating a high level of customer service.
As an added benefit all of our power is green. Either generated through hydro or wind. Currently we are working towards establishing a smart Grid system that would allow any of our users to generate their own power and sell any excess back to us through the grid.
So who says the government can't run a business efficently?
So unless you are one of our many happy electrical cutomers, you are not paying my salary.
Provide proof!
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Tom Bartlett
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of Tom Bartlett
Seattle's electricity is more expensive than it is in Oklahoma and our electric company pays dividends to share holders. Plus most of Seattle's electricity comes from preexisting hydro turbines and the environmentalist won’t allow any more dams to be built because it might endanger some insignificant fish. Your company charges more for their electricity and just breaks even and you say it's not subsidized. You my friend are the one in the dark.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2009-11-25 20:27, Tom Bartlett wrote:
Seattle's electricity is more expensive than it is in Oklahoma and our electric company pays dividends to share holders. Plus most of Seattle's electricity comes from preexisting hydro turbines and the environmentalist won’t allow any more dams to be built because it might endanger some insignificant fish. Your company charges more for their electricity and just breaks even ...

Provide proof!

You're saying this is untrue?

"Over the past six years, while many utilities across the country were raising their rates, City Light lowered the cost of electricity for its customers. In the most recent reduction, City Light cut its rates for the 2007-2008 biennium by 8.4 percent. Since 2002, City Light rates have decreased 12 percent.

Residential customers currently pay about 6 cents per kilowatt-hour of electricity. Seattle has the lowest residential and commercial electrical rates amongst comparably-sized cities in the United States."

"Approximately ten percent of City Light's income comes from the sale of surplus energy to customers in the Northwest and Southwest."
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
Seattle's electricity is more expensive than it is in Oklahoma and our electric company pays dividends to share holders. Plus most of Seattle's electricity comes from preexisting hydro turbines and the environmentalist won’t allow any more dams to be built because it might endanger some insignificant fish. Your company charges more for their electricity and just breaks even and you say it's not subsidized. You my friend are the one in the dark.

Actually, Tom, these state statistics prove you wrong:

http://www.neo.ne.gov/statshtml/115.htm

As Payne's earlier link noted, Seattle pays about 6 cents per Kilowatthour.

Statewide, people in Washington pay 6.85 cents on average. It is the third CHEAPEST rate in the country.

Statewide, people in Nebraska pay 8.14 cents on average. It is FOURTEENTH on the list.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Tom Bartlett
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of Tom Bartlett
Quote:
On 2009-11-25 21:04, balducci wrote:
Quote:

Actually, Tom, these state statistics prove you wrong:

http://www.neo.ne.gov/statshtml/115.htm

As Payne's earlier link noted, Seattle pays about 6 cents per Kilowatthour.

Statewide, people in Washington pay 6.85 cents on average. It is the third CHEAPEST rate in the country.

Statewide, people in Nebraska pay 8.14 cents on average. It is FOURTEENTH on the list.
I'm didn't quite make my point in that the real reason their cost is cheaper, is due to 89.8% hydroelectric power, produced by dams built by the federal government, paid for by tax payers and is what subsidizes the electricity that the company Payne works for. So yes, the tax payers pay his salary.

There is only a 1.4 Cents per Kilowatt-hour different in what we pay in Oklahoma for unsubsidized electricity and if you separated the power his company produces from the hydroelectric, you would see the real cost of it is a great deal more than the 6.85 Cents per Kilowatt-hour probably more that 10 Cents per Kilowatt-hour.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27145 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2009-11-25 18:25, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Who says government operations can't thrive!? All it takes is a monopoly on a product that people can't do without and the right to pass costs on to captive consumers!

The idea is to first get the consumers in a frenzy to buy the product and also to turn on their neighbors who voice dissenting opinions.

Global Warming Denial is just next to Holocaust denial... so everyone gets to forget what permitted the tragedy last century and get all righteous about telling others to condone policy spending and fear mongering and... imposing such on others who are just short of "enemies of humanity" for starting their industrial revolution.

The scandal is that some who claim to be magicians and understand how tricks are done are even buying into any of it.

IMHO

Oh look, there's a new hat for Paul Harris' little man coming out 2012 after...
...to all the coins I've dropped here
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Tom, again, Provide Proof of those claims of yours!

Also, doesn't Oklahoma gets most of its electricity from coal and natural gas?

Isn't the coal industry infamous for taking government handouts?
Tom Bartlett
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of Tom Bartlett
Quote:
On 2009-11-25 21:38, balducci wrote:
Tom, again, Provide Proof of those claims of yours!

You and payne Provided Proof in these links. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_City_Light http://www.neo.ne.gov/statshtml/115.htm

balducci wrote:Also, doesn't Oklahoma gets most of its electricity from coal and natural gas? Isn't the coal industry infamous for taking government handouts? Tom replyed:Provide proof!

Here is another link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_power

Wind and hydroelectric power generation have negligible fuel costs and relatively low maintenance costs. Wind power has a low marginal cost and a high proportion of capital cost. The estimated average cost per unit incorporates the cost of construction of the turbine and transmission facilities, borrowed funds, return to investors (including cost of risk), estimated annual production, and other components, averaged over the projected useful life of the equipment, which may be in excess of twenty years. Energy cost estimates are highly dependent on these assumptions so published cost figures can differ substantially. A British Wind Energy Association report gives an average generation cost of onshore wind power of around 3.2 pence (between US 5 and 6 cents) per kWh (2005).

In the United States, wind power receives a tax credit for each kWh produced; at 1.9 cents per kWh in 2006, the credit has a yearly inflationary adjustment. Another tax benefit is accelerated depreciation. Many American states also provide incentives, such as exemption from property tax, mandated purchases, and additional markets for "green credits." Countries such as Canada and Germany also provide incentives for wind turbine construction, such as tax credits or minimum purchase prices for wind generation, with assured grid access (sometimes referred to as feed-in tariffs). These feed-in tariffs are typically set well above average electricity prices. The Energy Improvement and Extension Act of 2008 contains extensions of credits for wind, including microturbines.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
The link I provided, comparing State electricity prices, just shows that Washington provides electricity for a cheaper price than Oklahoma. Your claim "if you separated the power his company produces from the hydroelectric, you would see the real cost of it is a great deal more than the 6.85 Cents per Kilowatt-hour probably more that 10 Cents per Kilowatt-hour" appears to be total conjecture on your part, as you've provided no proof of this.

What does your post about wind power have to do with the government subsidizing the coal industry with handouts? Wind power is great, but doesn't OK still get more of its electricity from coal than wind?

Incidentally, the idea that taxpayers subsidized the hydroelectric infrastructure in Washington so many years ago just seems to show that it was a very wise long term investment, given that it has resulted in such cheap electricity today for that state.
Tom Bartlett
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of Tom Bartlett
Quote:
On 2009-11-25 22:16, balducci wrote:
The link I provided, comparing State electricity prices, just shows that Washington provides electricity for a cheaper price than Oklahoma. Your claim "if you separated the power his company produces from the hydroelectric, you would see the real cost of it is a great deal more than the 6.85 Cents per Kilowatt-hour probably more that 10 Cents per Kilowatt-hour" appears to be total conjecture on your part, as you've provided no proof of this.

What does your post about wind power have to do with the government subsidizing the coal industry with handouts? Wind power is great, but doesn't OK still get more of its electricity from coal than wind?

Incidentally, the idea that taxpayers subsidized the hydroelectric infrastructure in Washington so many years ago just seems to show that it was a very wise long term investment, given that it has resulted in such cheap electricity today for that state.
You are the one that needs to provide proof of your claims about coal and natural gas.

The link I provided proof that the power company Payne works for is subsidized and that the cost of wind produced Kilowatt-hour is as much as we pay in Oklahoma.

As far as hydroelectric power is concerned I’m all for it but the environmentalists are against the construction of any new dams as well as nuclear power plants which is also very cost effective.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Scandalous or No? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL