The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » What to put in my pocket? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
I have a loose index in my inner jacket pocket, but the pocket is too deep. I need the index to be a couple of inches higher in the pocket. Any ideas of how I could do that without sewing the pocket or putting something heavy or bulky in the bottom?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Glue a magnet to the back of the index, and use another one on the out/inner side of your pocket...cover the magnets in felt so they don't mark the cloth too much...doesnt need to be too strong...
I've asked to be banned
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1439 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
That's a good suggestion, Ian. Mine was to stand on your head. I like yours better.
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1943 Posts

Profile of markthorold
Iain , excellent thinking as per usual, you never cease contributing excellent ideas and solutions . May be made extra secure by using two ,one at each end .
Regards Mark
E.O.I
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Or, you could use a magnetic coin for one half...that way it'll add as a hold out for when/if you need it to switch or whatever...
I've asked to be banned
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
15 minutes: You could rig a small hammock in the pocket, velcro on the ends of the cloth and stickum velcro at the proper place in the pocket's top edges. The round velcro dots would probably work fine.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
Thanks, guys! I tried double sided foam tape to stick the front and back of the pocket together at the point where I want the new bottom to be. I had my doubts it would work but it actually works great! I don't know how easy it will be to undo if I need to, but I don't anticipate needing to take it off.

Not sure if anyone else will ever find themselves in the same situation, but if so double-sided foam tape seems at least initially to be a workable option. Thanks again! Smile
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3444 Posts

Profile of Looch
Good idea!
My Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/
Bookings: https://looch.co.uk/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » What to put in my pocket? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL