The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » JC Wagner is being treated for Cancer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
Just heard on the Genii forum that JC is back home after Cancer surgery.
msmaster
View Profile
Special user
522 Posts

Profile of msmaster
My thoughts and prayers are with him. Always loved his book Sven Secrets, great T&R card.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Oh man!

I met and hung out with JC recently and the guy is not only a legend but one hellava good guy!

My thoughts and prayers are with him!

MMc
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
JC is one of my all time heros in magic
JC get well my friend
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
noble1
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of noble1
My fingers are crossed that JC will beat this. Isn't it about time one of the magic magazines does a cover feature on him? Long overdue.
manreb
View Profile
Special user
666 Posts

Profile of manreb
An absolutly amazing and genuine person and a great talent. May his recovery be swift and complete.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Ditto on the above. Tony Gerard graciously brought in JC for the 2008 Michigan Magic Day in Kalamazoo- what a talented guy! Still remember his giant Don Alan nut. Fast recovery JC- the original Mr. Nice Guy.
jocdoc
View Profile
Inner circle
Carlsbad, CA
1183 Posts

Profile of jocdoc
Here's the nitty gritty (As JC's doctor, I have his permission to disclose this info to all interested magii):

JC had been experiencing symptoms of fatigue, weight loss, and some abdominal discomforts. He didn't pursue them b/c he thought that he had a stomach bug. Jamy Swiss intervened and got me involved. I worked him up and a colonoscopy confirmed suspected colon cancer. We recently took him to surgery and he did well. Tumor mass was removed and he is recovering nicely. He's in good spirits and had a ham dinner for Thanksgiving at the Little Club.

While the main tumor mass was resected, there was evidence of spread so we will begin chemotherapy in the near future in attempt to control the disease.

Incidentally, JC has posted all of this info on his website. Go to: http://www.jcwagnersmagic.com/jchealth.htm

This should serve as an important reminder to all people age 50 yrs or older: BE SURE TO GET YOUR ROUTINE COLONOSCOPY DONE!!!! I had mine last year - there was absolutely no discomforts - good drugs (Versed and Fentanyl) help. Woke up and it was all over. That being said, the day prior to the exam sucks and it sucks big time - gotta get things cleaned out. Clear liquid diet and then drink this stuff that eventually shoots out one's derriere some 30 seconds after it was consumed (or so it seemed). When it takes you 3 hours to watch a 30 minute TV show...well, you get the picture. JC never went for his routine testing. Too bad b/c we could have picked this up a lot sooner. Colon cancers usually grow very slowly and are treatable/curable when picked up early.

Contact information for JC can be found on his web site as well. We all owe much to him. I know that he'd love to hear from his well-wishers!
Life is an improv. The game goes on...
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1105 Posts

Profile of John T. Sheets
A very cool guy and a great magician as well. My thoughts and prayers are with him.
www.johnTsheets.com

See the "Quantum Bender 3.0" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkTVw9FjonE

See my Dove Act here... https://youtu.be/Ms7_u46Qpp0

See the "Energy Bender" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJOfL0k8xA

See the "Table of Death" in Las Vegas trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivizLAKD7I
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
One of my favorite magicians.
Get well J.C..
Maloney
View Profile
Special user
Newfoundland, Canada
709 Posts

Profile of Maloney
Oh man, my prayers are with you!
The Magic and Illusion of Jordan Maloney
"Experience the Unexplainable"

www.jordanmaloney.com

Go check it out!
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Get well J.C and thanks to jocdoc for the details.
JCWagner
View Profile
1944 - 2010
100 Posts

Profile of JCWagner
To all my friends in Magic,

Thank you all for your prayers and wishes for a speedy recovery. It means a lot to me!! I'm home and resting and doing fine. I'm trying to gain back the weight I lost while in the hospital after my surgery. My attituded is great and I'm ready for whatever they tell me I have to do. I will tell you this, I'm not ready to go yet and have a lot of things to do and finish with my life. I really feel deep down that it's not my time yet! Again I'd like to say to you all, thank you for all the support and kind words to this very lucky man as to have so many thoughtful and caring friends around the World in Magic!

Best always,
J.C.
Check out my magic here.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I'd rather watch JC working a table than about anybody else. Best to you, sir.

Steve
Magicman0323
View Profile
Special user
Just outside parts unknown.
713 Posts

Profile of Magicman0323
JC, I'm glad to hear that your doing fine, and also that you have a great outlook on this. Remember to keep your head up and stay positive my friend! I wish you nothing but the best, you will remain in our thoughts and prayers!!
You'll wonder when I'm coming, you'll wonder even more when I'm gone. - Max Malini
Magicman0323
View Profile
Special user
Just outside parts unknown.
713 Posts

Profile of Magicman0323
Noble I also agree that JC should get a very decent size article/cover story! Something along the same lines as the Doc Eason issue of Genii from 91 would be FANTASTIC IMO!
You'll wonder when I'm coming, you'll wonder even more when I'm gone. - Max Malini
jocdoc
View Profile
Inner circle
Carlsbad, CA
1183 Posts

Profile of jocdoc
UPDATE: JC was working behind the bar again this past Saturday and will be there again next week. Many local magi were in attendance and he looked good. Will begin chemotherapy in January.
Life is an improv. The game goes on...
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1394 Posts

Profile of Piers
I wish JC the very best for his journey.

Others have been there and come through the other side...

Best,

Piers.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2021!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
J.C., me and my family will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. We have had to deal with several cases of cancer in our family over the past few years. I know what you will have to endure will not be easy but the positive attitude you have will help you beat this thing. Good luck, I hope you have a joyous holiday season!

Regan
Mister Mystery
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
JC, there are some of us here, myself and Piers included, that have recently gone through chemo. I wish you the best, and would love to offer any assistance that I can provide.

I saw Frank Everhart, Jr. a couple of years ago, and he couldn't stop talking about your material. Get well soon, sir!
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » JC Wagner is being treated for Cancer (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL