The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Nervous mouse (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5171 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
All of sudden, I seem to be having trouble with my computer mouse. It's wireless and has worked fine up until now. For some reason, the cursor moves all over the screen by itself. It's difficult to point and click. I've tried unplugging the connection and reconnecting but that hasn't helped. I don't see any setting adjustments and wondered if any of you computer experts might have a suggestion or solution. It's only about 4 months old.
Where the magic begins
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
Try replacing the batteries and cleaning the lens on the bottom if this is a laser mouse. If a ball mouse (unlikely), the mechanical mechanism may be wearing out. Also make sure the surface on which the mouse is on is clean as well.
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5171 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Thanks Clyde, I didn't think about the batteries since I just changed them recently. I changed them again and it seems to have fixed the problem. Maybe the last set of batteries weren't good to start with.
Where the magic begins
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1649 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
One of the most irritating things is when the batteries or charge starts to lose its strength in the mouse or keyboard....but I'm either too stubborn, too lazy, or too frugal to change them until they're about dead! Smile
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Nervous mouse (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL