The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Wholesale Fortune Telling Fish (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1593 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Can someone suggest a good wholesaler that I can buy these from that doesn't have a huge minimum order?

I used to deal with Kipp Brothers but they sent me an envelope sized package in a HUGE BOX and charged me $50 shipping, so that was the end of that.
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
What on earth do you do with these?

never saw these of any value...
BIlly James
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of BIlly James
Quote:
On 2009-11-28 23:42, Kevinr wrote:
What on earth do you do with these?

never saw these of any value...

I imagine he wants them as give-aways or as party of a birthday magic class.

I would REALLY appreciate any info on where to get these as well. I have bought them by the gross from local dealers but I'm kind of at their mercy because they don't always have them.

Cheers
Billy
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1593 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Dress them up with the right presentation and they're a killer item for children.
drosenbe0813
View Profile
Elite user
Long Island, NY
405 Posts

Profile of drosenbe0813
Rhode island novelty sells them. I don't believe that they have a minumum, but I'm not sure what they will charge in shipping.
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2436 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
5.6c each in 2500 quantities ($139) from HERE - slightly more each for lower quantities

LOFTUS used to sell them, and still does through Amazon (by the each, too high) - call them and see if they have better offers or still sell them direct

U.S. TOY has them at $7.95 for 500 (I may have the price wrong)

JOISSU has them for $6.75/gross (less for larger orders)

FUNEXPRESS lists them by the gross but they're out right now, cvall for info on avail

AKRON NOVELTY has them for $5.76/gross

AMERICAN CARNIVAL MART lists them for $6/gross

These sites can be a bit uninformative, make sure which of the two sizes you are comparing
socalmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
267 Posts

Profile of socalmagic
I get them from D. Robbins. They're about $5 per gross, but they have a $200 minimum. U.S. Toy has them without a minimum, and they might have a store near you so you can avoid shipping. I sell them in a magic kit that sells for $5, and the fish is what drives the sales of the kit.
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1593 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Thanks.
keeblem
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1167 Posts

Profile of keeblem
I use to love these in Christmas crackers when I was a kid! I change the "meanings" by putting over a large sticker on that side with more funny interpretations. If anyone knows of a good UK supplier please let me know.

Mark
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1813 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
Rhode Island Novelty - http://www.rinovelty.com - usually has the lowest prices on Fortune Teller Fish. (They're currently out of stock.) If you can qualify for their wholesale program, they definitely have the best price.
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
The Fortune Telling Fish are one of the most overlooked and under appreciated giveaways in our business. They cost pennies apiece, yet they appeal to women in bars and restaurants, children at parties, browsers at trade shows, seniors who remember receiving them as children, teachers and so many more. Years ago I had people pay $.50-$1.00 a piece for these at my BOR table before I discovered the value of giving them away as a promotion.

The envelopes will hold a standard business card or fit an Avery 5263 printed label for personalizing & customizing.

As a promotion for my Mad Science program, I offer them as a call-back incentive to my client and prospective elementary and middle school science teachers at the beginning of each year. "Return this card for a complimentary Scientific Method Training Kit!" Each packet includes a gross of fish, a sample student worksheet, a scientific method lesson plan and a way to contact me for future complimentary kits - which keeps my name and show in their Contact Files!

See, the fish are made of long-strand polymers commonly found in baby diapers. These polymers actually grab water molecules on the side of the direct contact. They don't absorb, just grab. So, the fish respond differently to the moisture or dryness of a person's hand. One side swells up with the added volume of water and curls just like a bi-metallic strip with heat. A full range of science lessons for elementary to high school age students for pennies per student.

Don't underestimate the potential of this little gem!
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
jackturk
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of jackturk
I just tell folks they're made from all natural, 100% pure, totally organic, petroleum by-products.

Hard to get greener than that.

--J
"59 Ways To Recession Proof Your Entertainment Business -- FREE!"
http://www.GetLeadsLikeCrazy.com

"How To Make $25,000 a Year Doing Birthday Parties Part-Time"
http://www.magicmarketingcenter.com/birthdayPT
TedLashley
View Profile
Regular user
El Campo, TX
197 Posts

Profile of TedLashley
Hey, everyone!

I've used the Fortune-Telling Fish as a give-away item many times, and the kids DO love them! I put each fish in a small manila coin envelope with a sticker on the front with the various "meanings" of the fish movements, and a smaller sticker on the back with my name, e-mail & phone.

I don't mind sharing with you the "meanings" that I've used... perhaps someone can use them or change them to suit his/her own preferences.

Head Moves . . . . . .Intelligent
Tail Moves . . . . . .Your Feet Stink
Head & Tail Move . . .You’re in Love
Sides Curl . . . . . .Talented
Fish Turns Over . . . Charming Personality
Curls Up Entirely . . Passionate
Fish Is Motionless . .Dead Fish

Cheers!
TED
JimbosMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of JimbosMagic
Nice one Ted.
JIMMY CARLO. KIDabra International Family Entertainer of the Year 2009.
IBM Triple Award Winner. Uk Champion of Comedy Magic.
Represented the UK in the United Slapstick Awards on German TV.
European Children's Entertainer of the year 2007/8
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Wholesale Fortune Telling Fish (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL