We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Left hand stack (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cardphreak
View Profile
New user
orange county CA
54 Posts

Profile of cardphreak
During my card manipulation act I produce many cards and fans from my right hand. But I have at least half a deck still in my left hand. Any ideas of what to do with these cards.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
23046 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Turn your right side to the audience and produce cards from you left hand.

Pull a silk from your pocket if you cannot produce one magically, and perform the production of card in the right hand with the silk between the finger of the same hand. This was a routine the late famous Neil Foster did in his card productions.

I have not watched the Jeff McBride videos lately, I believe it is on them. If you do not have the Card Manipulation video set, I strongly suggest you purchase these. It will give you many various ways to produce cards.
cardphreak
View Profile
New user
orange county CA
54 Posts

Profile of cardphreak
Sorry I should have been more specific. The cards in the left hand are known to be there by the audience. Any ideas what to do in this scenario?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
23046 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Depends on your costume and if you are able to steal something from your clothing.
cardphreak
View Profile
New user
orange county CA
54 Posts

Profile of cardphreak
Yes, I can steal something from my clothing.
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1724 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
If the audience is aware of those cards, try to make them disappear. They'll be surprised not to see them anymore in your hand.

Youi could also transform them into a jumbo card fan or to something else to continue your act with another object.

If nothing elsde does, do card shooting in the audience. For and end of an act this always gets an audience reaction.

Good luck.

Oliver.
cardphreak
View Profile
New user
orange county CA
54 Posts

Profile of cardphreak
Thanks for the advice. I will probably change the cards into a set of four manipulation balls.
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1883 Posts

Profile of Anatole
You don't mention why you have half a deck in your left hand. Was the whole deck there and your right hand took half of them to start the card production sequence? Why not just transfer the cards to the right hand, re-fan them, toss them into the hat, and continue from there producing a few more. If possible, do a flourish with them (like a water fall, springing, or thumb fan or pressure fan) before continuing the BP sequence.

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Left hand stack (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL