The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Emily Bear (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3223 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
I was going to post about Emily Bear before, but I didn't know how much interest there would be.

She's a music prodigy. She has played a 40 minute Mozart piece with a symphony orchestra at age 7. She'd written over a 100 compositions before she was 6, can play any style of music, and play a song after hearing it only once.

What finally pushed me over the edge to post about her is that she did a coin vanish in this video named Emily Bear in Sunday Night Show. She's not Mickey Silver, and this post, nor that video, are about magic, I just was surprise to see that. I have been following new stories and watching her videos on youtube for some time. She's extraordinary, even for a musical prodigy. She's been compared to Mozart when he was young.

You can hear a lot of her compositions at Emily Bear Compositions Part 1 and Emily Bear Compositions Part 2. These span a range from when she was 5 1/2 years old to 7 years old. Most of the songs were written in less than 10 minutes!

Some of my favorites are:
Emily Bear - The Love In Us, Orchestral ......t age 6) You might need headphones for this one, the volume is low.

Emily Bear - "Northern Lights" (composed by Emily Bear)

This is a piece that demonstrates a pianists chops. It's supposed to be played "pretissimo", which means "as fast as you can."
Emily Bear - Solfeggietto - There are a quite a few other videos of her at age 5 and 6 at this link, including one of her playing A-train by Duke Ellington.

Check out her other videos, and her website.
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Emily Bear (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL