The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Vodka & OJ Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BustedFinger
View Profile
New user
Virginia
66 Posts

Profile of BustedFinger
Recently getting back into magic, I purchased a Vodka & OJ coin set. Years ago I had a Scotch & Soda set but I was never very comfortable pulling out a half dollar and a Centavo. I always felt that the coins being so uncommon (especially the Mexican coin) just screamed "trick coin" to the spectator. When I found the Vodka & OJ set using a Gold dollar and a quarter, I had to have one.

While working on some routines for the coins, I was going through a drawer with a bunch of foreign coins in it and I came across what I believe is a Mexican coin:

I immediately incorporated this into my V&OJ routine. The premise is that when you give the quarter and dollar to the spectator to hold, you tell them to squeeze the coins together as tightly as they can. Then when they open their hands they are surprised to see that the gold coin seems to have merged with the silver coin. I have gotten some great reactions from this.
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FLORIDA
787 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
Great idea man. I wil have to try this one out.
Close up coin magic.

https://perch-star-nbdt.squarespace.com/home

Okito box clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=100n9CnFjXw
Visit my face book page , Copper silver coins by PT
BustedFinger
View Profile
New user
Virginia
66 Posts

Profile of BustedFinger
Quote:
On 2009-12-04 18:18, TWOCAN wrote:
Great idea man. I wil have to try this one out.

This would probably work well with the regular Scotch & Soda coins since the copper coin in S&S is a Mexican coin.
othelo68
View Profile
Regular user
North dakota
174 Posts

Profile of othelo68
I'm lost what are you doing with the one peso coin?
prototype
View Profile
Veteran user
Rick Holcombe
320 Posts

Profile of prototype
Quote:
On 2009-12-06 19:52, othelo68 wrote:
I'm lost what are you doing with the one peso coin?

I agree, how does finishing with a mexican peso make any sense at all? You begin with an American Dollar and an American Quater. I don't get it; other than the color merging.
BustedFinger
View Profile
New user
Virginia
66 Posts

Profile of BustedFinger
When I use the Peso I don't really call attention to the fact that I have an American Dollar and American quarter. I talk about how I have a silver coin and a gold coin. I then use some of the standard V&OJ patter about how neither coin is actually gold or silver but that they are really very much alike and mostly made of copper, zinc, and nickel. I then give the coins to them and ask them to squeeze them together in their hand as tightly as they can. Then when they open their hand and they find the peso I remark how they have caused the gold coin to merge with the silver coin. It is especially effective if they see the $1 symbol of the Peso when they open their hand. Most of the time, they don't even realize what the new coin is.
othelo68
View Profile
Regular user
North dakota
174 Posts

Profile of othelo68
Not quite sure I get it still but if it works for you then that's all that matters.
sounds like good stuff
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Vodka & OJ Routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL