We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » KardZ By Bob kohler (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
I can't find a review on this. Anyone have/had it that can comment?

It would make a great DVD. I say that because I have Mr. Kohler's Aces In Their Faces DVD and think it's fantastic.

Here's what's in KardZ:

The Deck That Can't Be Shuffled

The uninitiated spectators witness the deck separating itself into reds and blacks. Each time the deck is shuffled, instantly it is once again separated into reds and blacks. The methods, techniques and choreography have been put together in a diabolical way to guarantee you will fool the most discerning spectator. The climax is a true blockbuster...a spectator actually shuffles the deck under impossible conditions and yet the deck is once again shown to be separated into reds and blacks. All you need is a normal deck and a little practice!

$100 Challenge Color Changing Deck

Here's a routine that has it all: interest, suspense and suprise. The emotional hook of the possibility of a spectator winning a $100 bill creates the interest. Waiting to see if he can win the challenge builds the suspense. The climax freaks out the audience when the spectator apparently wins the bet, only to find out that the audience must be in the Twilight Zone as nothing is as it should be! Don't worry, you'll never lose the money! This is one of my all time favorite tricks for walk-a-round or formal situations. It's a killer!

The Non-Memorized Deck

I'm a huge fan of Simon Aroson, Juan Tamariz and Michael Close. These men have incredible work on the memorized deck. The memorized deck in their hands is an exremely powerful tool.

This method is not in any way meant to replace the memorized deck. Many of the effects with the memorized deck are simply not possible unless you have memorized the deck to the point the information is automatic.

I do have a few fabulous routines however that I don't use on an every day basis. Since I don't use these routines at each performance, I tend to forget the order. To accomplish these miracles you do need to know the position of each card. Rather than memorizing the deck I chose to find a way to get the information in a logical manner. This is my method and one classic mental routine that use the gaff.

Thumping Gemini

I only use three packet style tricks in my repertoire. This is one of them. It uses four normal cards. It is based on Darwin Ortiz' fabulous routine "Jumping Gemini." My routine offers a streamlined version with a brand new move that makes the opening sequence extremely convincing. I use this one all of the time. The audience is convinced only four cards are used. They are also convinced they saw twelve different cards!
~Joe
andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
880 Posts

Profile of andykean
I have this
two words buy it!
magiclee
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of magiclee
Is it a PDF?

magiclee
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1266 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
This is a 14-page 8.5" x 11" comb-bound booklet with multiple photographs.

The material is excellent, so I do recommend it.

You should be aware, however, that two of the routines will require that you make (or have made) a couple of gaffs. The good news: your effort would be worth it. As usual, Bob goes for the jugular in his effects.

- Steve H
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Thanks very much for the info.
~Joe
bigdhri
View Profile
New user
RI
63 Posts

Profile of bigdhri
Hi Joe,
Have you used any of these tricks on a group of laymen? If so how were the reactions?
Thanks,
bigdhri
leondo
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
759 Posts

Profile of leondo
Bob Kohler...Top drawer!
FWIW..
Ted L
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Quote:
On 2010-01-29 17:14, bigdhri wrote:
Hi Joe,
Have you used any of these tricks on a group of laymen? If so how were the reactions?
Thanks,
bigdhri

I haven't picked it up yet.
~Joe
Jeffrey Cowan
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, CA
134 Posts

Profile of Jeffrey Cowan
I saw Bob do some of these effects back in the late 1980s, and I learned two of them after getting the Kardz notes when they came out.

Like all of Bob Kohler's material, the stuff here is highly commercial, devious/killer and explained VERY well.

I believe you can get these notes directly from Bob at https://www.bobkohlermagic.com/view-product.cfm?productID=51
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of RS1963
I don't have the booklet but this past Saturday I watched Bob K. perform the effect described in the o.p. It is a very good effect.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » KardZ By Bob kohler (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL