The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Xbox'ers who want to go wireless (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Hi kidz! I know a lot of you are Xbox types or will be getting one in a few weeks. You might be considering going wireless, which will require an adapter, which runs around $100 for the official wireless adapter that you hook up to your system and you can then connect to the net. I was in a training class for home networking and one of my friends had a wireless adapter she uses on her Xbox and also works on pretty much any other device (blue ray, computer, direct tv) from 2wire (a solid quality company) that runs $20 and is easy to program to run with your gateway or router. Just letting you know, I'm not associated with any of the companies involved but $20 is a lot better than $100.
Mystical Matthew
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Mystical Matthew
I just bought 100ft of Cat 5 and ran it to my router...
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Or just grow up and buy a ps3
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Actually the answer to the problem usually is given as get a PS3. 100 feet of cat five is about as far as it should go....todays lesson, sticky static IP's!
Mystical Matthew
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Mystical Matthew
MagicSanta - You've got that right! I'm running 100ft of Cat 5 to my entertainment center where it goes into a switch that connects my DVR, PS3, Xbox 360, and Apple TV.

I actually do have wireless, but I try to limit how much I put on it... I use wireless for the Wii, the two household laptops, and the three household iPhone's.

I have my network laser printer set on a Static IP. Everything else on DHCP. (I set the lowest possible address to one above my printer to avoid conflicts).

I was very happy when the PS3 started natively supporting DIVX / XVID. Now I can stream my *COMPLETELY LEGAL* videos from my desktop to my PS3 without any weird transcoding.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
It's a beautiful thing.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Xbox'ers who want to go wireless (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL