The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Meal or No Meal (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jcmagicman
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of jcmagicman
Hi everyone.

Has anyone tried this in their act? What type of responses did you get?

Link:
http://tophatprod.com/store/product.php?......featured

===
Description:

From Bruce Kalver comes a magic routine that could win a spectator lunch!

The magician displays lunch boxes labeled from 1 to 9 in a three-by-three grid. A hungry spectator is brought on stage. The magician explains that he stopped at a local diner and had the waitress fill the lunch boxes with the specials of the day. He can't remember what the specials were, so he calls the waitress to ask her.

The waitress then gets on the speakerphone and through a series of steps magically leads the spectator to the lunch box with a great meal deal, while the other boxes are shown to contain garbage.

Includes special recording (in mp3 format) for your cell phone, detailed instructions, including detailed patter as well for interaction with the call. Please supply your own lunch boxes and contents.
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4620 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Sounds like a rather slow routine, using a tried-and-tested mathematical principle. I hope for $20 you get lots of gags and presentation ideas, since the method will be obvious to many magicians, just by reading the effect.
I have a treasure map version of this effect, and I found it just didn't work for me. Firstly, the routine was WAY too slow, with many steps required to eliminate eight of the items. Secondly, many of the audience will suspect that a mathematical principle is being used, due to the rather specific way you arrive at each elimination.
There seem to be a lot of magic tricks being released using mathematical principles right now. I have one mathematical (card) trick that really does fry - magicians, mathematicians, and laymen alike! But sorry, I'm keeping it to myself for now (though it's a well-established mathematical trick, it's VERY rarely mentioned in magic literature, from what I can tell).
The current "flavour of the month" mathematical trick is "Powerball 60" by Bill Abbott. It costs a little more, but it IS an effect you can use for close-up mentalism, as well as stage.
Potty Smile
Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
This was in the MUM magazine a while ago, complete with a download link to the mp3.

I haven't used it yet, but have been looking into dollar stores for lunch boxes to customize (paint and put numbers on).

I think it is kind of a cute routine.
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
JimbosMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of JimbosMagic
I do a similar thing in my Family Funtime show, but do it as a game with red luch boxs similar to deal or no deal, and used to call it meal or no meal, where they could win a meal for 2 at a fancy restaurant, and in the boxs where other food items on cards that they could win.
I now call it steal or don't steal similar again but this time they can steal any other box 4 times through out the game.
JIMMY CARLO. KIDabra International Family Entertainer of the Year 2009.
IBM Triple Award Winner. Uk Champion of Comedy Magic.
Represented the UK in the United Slapstick Awards on German TV.
European Children's Entertainer of the year 2007/8
jcmagicman
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of jcmagicman
Wow!! Quick responses.

Thank you all for the kind advice.
mikeypresto
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of mikeypresto
Craft stores sell little mini white lunchboxs can be drawn on very easily.

Michael's crafts and A.C. Moore I bought them for carrying small misc tricks
Magically,

Mikey
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Meal or No Meal (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL