The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » How to introduce a packet trick? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2703 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Quote:
On 2011-02-15 20:21, Demonbrn wrote:
BRAVO! Merc, you have officially won a special place in my heart! If I ever make it to England, you can have my fly swatter!

:) You really are too kind!

However, the first Campari & Soda in the pub is on you.

Glad you enjoyed my little rambling anyway fella - take care.
Barry Allen
Demonbrn
View Profile
Veteran user
Oakley, CA
338 Posts

Profile of Demonbrn
Lol, I will keep that in mind.
aceofspades55
View Profile
New user
i have like
20 Posts

Profile of aceofspades55
I agree with John Kelly. It just depends on what trick you are doing. if you are doing something with simple slieghts such as royal scam, you would maybe add a little storyline, like there were 4 aces.....
Or just go the old fashoned way and say I have some cards here.... Smile:Rabbitfromhat:
JmagicProductions

AMAZING street,stage,fire, and mentalism
MAGIC TRICKS!!!!!!
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
I don't care who you are - that's funny!
Lakewood, Ohio
mgsmagic
View Profile
New user
Torrance CA
24 Posts

Profile of mgsmagic
I like packet tricks and often stack them in a deck and when appropriate I come out with them. Though sometimes I do a couple as stand alone pieces. Bannon's Royal Scam is an automatic hit when you talk about cheating at poker and how you absconded with ACES of SPADES from cheaters decks as you do the Hamman Count. There are several by Peter Duffie that you can put stories to. Harlan's Royal Oil plays well either as a packet or coming out of the deck. Even Aldo Colombini's Come Together trick plays well when you explain it just as he does...a lot of magic with just a few cards. I've too many packet tricks to mention all of them, and stories are in your head if you just get creative and think about context (Why do I have this small packet of cards and how am I going to use them?). Ask those two fundamental questions and I'm pretty sure your presentations will improve.
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
"packet trick" this is John, John this is "packet trick".
Lakewood, Ohio
DudleyMagic
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of DudleyMagic
I also like to introduce packet effects from a deck.I believe this is a Brother John Hammond idea.
Wizzard
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Wizzard
Asl,
I use the super secret "Nike Effect"

"Just Do It"

Regards,
John

Just Do It
It's never the wand, it's always the magician
J Christensen
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of J Christensen
I begin by telling how decades ago magicians became obsessed with doing great magic with as few cards as possible. I then ask if they would like to see one of the best of these tricks?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » How to introduce a packet trick? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL