The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Omni deck use (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
truesoldier
View Profile
Inner circle
1191 Posts

Profile of truesoldier
Does anybody know of any downloadable ebooks containing good omnideck routines? If so please post your suggestions along with where they can be purchased.

Many Thanks
jamiesalinas
View Profile
Special user
Houston
728 Posts

Profile of jamiesalinas
Take a look at the DVD Super Charged Classics Set List One by Mark James. There is a great routine for the Omni deck called Omni-Bitious. I purchased an Omni deck after watching this DVD. Look for my review of the DVD in an upcoming MUM publication.

Jamie Salinas
Jamie Salinas
S-Branham
View Profile
Elite user
Folsom, CA
456 Posts

Profile of S-Branham
Not only does Shaun Farquar have a great routine...but his deck switch is gold!
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Does anyone know if Shaun Farquar has a website where he sells his omni deck?
TopChange
View Profile
Regular user
Connecticut
166 Posts

Profile of TopChange
Here is the link...

Shaun Farquar Products.
http://www.magichampion.com/magichampion/backroom.html
aitchy
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of aitchy
On sunday I did 2hrs at a bar and the quote of the night was by a guy telling his girlfriend what had just happened;

"I has shuffled a deck then he made all the card disappear in my hands... but they were NOT EVEN NOTHING!"

that phrase "not even nothing" is great and cements in my mind how strong it is.
truesoldier
View Profile
Inner circle
1191 Posts

Profile of truesoldier
Quote:
On 2009-12-21 20:44, TopChange wrote:
Here is the link...

Shaun Farquar Products.
http://www.magichampion.com/magichampion/backroom.html

Thanks for the Link Top Change.

I have just been to the site and Shaun sells his lecture notes. The effects included are as follows: (Please could you let me know which one is the omni deck routine?)

MatriXpress
Photo Finish
Tagged
Egg, Lemon and Balloon
Card in Wallet
Deck Switch
Blown Away
MagiCd
Silver CD
Shredder

(Please could you let me know which one is the omni deck routine?)

Many Thanks
Shawn D
View Profile
Elite user
Hughson,Ca
465 Posts

Profile of Shawn D
I don't think any of those are.Scroll down on the website and its the one where he is selling the omni deck.Also has a clip of him doing the routine.
I think its a pretty good routine.It sthe one I am going to try out tomarrow at a party Ill be doing for friends.
truesoldier
View Profile
Inner circle
1191 Posts

Profile of truesoldier
Thanks Shawn, Let us know how it goes when you perform it at the party
Donnie Buckley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Cleveland, Ohio
1123 Posts

Profile of Donnie Buckley
Wow, I haven't touched the Omni Deck for years, but after reading this thread I'm dusting mine off and resurrecting it. This is right up my alley and it's good walk around material that I totally forgot about!
Shaun's presentation is very good, and I'm inspired by the revelation of JUST the deck left in their hands... I never did it that way before.
I ordered his CD and I'm looking forward to reading his other material. (Although I'm a little disappointed in the deck switch used in his youtube video... I was hoping for something new.)
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
760 Posts

Profile of Shawn Farquhar
Hey folks,

I too agree with the disappointment in my deck switch on the youtube video! The one I teach is different, but for the ESPN show they told me what to wear and it was not the best for the effect. I wish I had more "clout" and would demand stuff when doing TV, but I'm not there yet ... and to be honest, don't want to be that guy.

The switch I teach is really invisible. I'm sure folks who have seen me lecture will tell you that even after teaching it I fool many of them just minutes later. Not bragging, just say'n.

The Ultimate Invisible Deck is how I have branded the Omni deck. It too is made by the originator, just with my specs. If you're buying a new one from your fav dealer, that isn't old stock, you're probably going to get one that is the new dimensions. The creator is now making them all to the specs as it makes the effect easier.

Hope your show went well Shawn ... nice name by the way!

Cheers,

shawn
Donnie Buckley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Cleveland, Ohio
1123 Posts

Profile of Donnie Buckley
That's great news about the deck switch Shawn. I look forward to reading your method. Thanks for chiming in here!
After dusting off my original Omni Deck, I've produced it a couple of times at the end of an ACR, but it depends upon the reaction I've gotten from the finale of the ACR as to whether or not I can do a deck switch. I'm just not willing to replace my regular finale with the Omni Deck.
I think what I really need to do is work up an original routine with it that is not just a clone of an ACR. The prop is so good it's begging me to use it! and it's great stand-up material.
SteveFromSpokane
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of SteveFromSpokane
Having a spectator look down at their hand and see that solid block is such a shock to the system. Definitely causes that head jerk people do when they are blown away like that.
Kind of like watching a cups and ball routine and then seeing a cup made of a block of solid steel, right Shawn?
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1447 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
Check out Martin Sanderson's Corporate Close-Up DVD. He has an amazing routine using the Omni Deck, as well as several other great routines. I personally use 5 routines from that video.. Which now-a-days is a great value. I would highly recommend checking it out.

Also, I have never used Shawn's version of the Omni Deck. However, I am familiar with his work and I have absolutely no doubt that it is extremely magical, like everything else Shawn does. He's a brilliant performer. In fact, I'm going to order his Invisble Deck routine right now.

Aaron
jamiesalinas
View Profile
Special user
Houston
728 Posts

Profile of jamiesalinas
Last night I lost my Omni Deck at a job. At the end of producing it, I would put it back in the card box. Well I was resetting and I set the Omni Deck down to put the cards back in the box and forgot to pocket the Omni Deck. I realized this when it was time to go. It was a great paying job so I did not want to wander through the area of guests looking for my Omni Deck so I just left it.

I bought it at the Magic Warehouse for only $13.50 plus shipping. I also was in a hurry to get home and since I was paid well and I got an large tip on top of my fee, it gave me an excuse to order a new one from Shawn along with his deck switch for only $25.00. I am looking forward to getting the replacement along with the switch. Using a basic switch, I was getting great reactions!
Jamie Salinas
weisby
View Profile
New user
Sweden
16 Posts

Profile of weisby
I assume that the Omni deck from Shawn is Poker size. To be sure; is it?
mrsmiles
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of mrsmiles
Correct, it's poker size.
Point of disagreement with Aaron. Whilst I think Sanderson's corporate close up dvd is one of the best on close up and strolling magic, I think his omni routine is OTT... i.e Following an omni deck with a card to wallet within an envelope. Gilding the lily in my humble opinion. I'd end it on the point of the revelation of the omni. Thus the routine is fantastic in my view if you follow it up to the point of ending with the omni deck & sanderson performs and presents it superbly. I'm not denigrating the card to wallet within an envelope; I'd use it as an alternative climax to an ACR rather than an additional one. Just my opinion.
mrsmiles
(UK)
jamiesalinas
View Profile
Special user
Houston
728 Posts

Profile of jamiesalinas
I received my package from Shawn called "The Ultimate Invisible Deck" featuring his routine for the Omni Deck. It is very straight forward and IS different from the video. Although it reads simple in function from the instructions, it is a well thought out and is very simple yet effective. I highly recomend spending the extra few dollars for Shawn's packaged routine with the Omni Deck.

Thanks Shawn!

BTW: I am the guy that sold you a Modern Art Illusion many years ago.

Jamie Salinas
Jamie Salinas
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
I still stand by the solid deception deck, though I wish there was an easier way to make one, lol, or there was a marketed one.

Mind you, this may be because the routine I use would not work as well with an Omni Deck, and the "reasoning" behind the solidification of the deck would not work with an Omni Deck.

On a tangent, Mr. Farquahr, any chance we'll see a video of your Cups and Balls Routine? I saw it once and I absolutely love it.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Quote:
On 2009-12-29 17:30, Shawn Farquhar wrote:
The switch I teach is really invisible. I'm sure folks who have seen me lecture will tell you that even after teaching it I fool many of them just minutes later. Not bragging, just say'n.

ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Omni deck use (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL