The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » The Phoenix Deck - What do you think? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
If you can print custom work I'm very interested. Where can I find the details young man?
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
I like the look of thew Phoenix Decks.
~Joe
griffindance
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of griffindance
Loving the new deck. After using some truely cruddy cards or spending a fortune on Bicycle (in Germany right now) Phoenix is a beautiful pack. Very happy that there is now a viable alternative to Bicycle. It became vey expensive ridin bikes in Australia and Europe.

I definately prefer the new Aces. Although I was fine with the single joker and found I had three exta aces to burn, two jokers and extra blank faced would be easier to explain to audience.

btw. Has anyone seen the 3D effect on the back design? Christian - have you found it yet?
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1356 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Quote:
On 2010-03-01 14:11, griffindance wrote:
btw. Has anyone seen the 3D effect on the back design? Christian - have you found it yet?

No. Tell, tell,I am curious.
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1755 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
No, I havn´t! Where is it?

BTW, I have hidden a unique feature in the faces of all Phoenix cards. I talked to John Kennedy yesterday at the World Magic Seminar and he said, I should not keep it as a secret but place that as a USP. Together with a sample routine that can only be done with the Phoenix Deck. So he came up with an effect that I tested yesterday in the fairest conditions possible and it rocked. I will try to make a video during the next two days and will then let you know what gems you already have in your home. Or is there someone who already wants to guess what it is?

You can find this built-in feature on ALL faces of the Phoenix Deck.
Expert in playing card production for magicians.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
base851
View Profile
New user
Houston, TX
58 Posts

Profile of base851
Christian,

For a while now I've been toying with the idea of having business cards printed with playing card backs and in a business-card-sized card box. Then when someone asks for my card I can pull out the mini-deck, fan it & say "pick a card". ;-) Probably not very original, but I like the idea.

How hard would it be to have a business card sized, blank faced, deck made... or, ideally, one with a playing card back & business card face?
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of rklew64
I would not mind having a rising deck, a phoenix deck in black and even an electric deck. I know the last one would not be worth it.
Oh I know now, a shimmed/gaffed Phoenix card.
Having all these would prevent one from switching to using a bicycle deck. You know the can of worms this will create. or already have.
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of rklew64
This is crazy, merge the heirloom deck with Phoenix backs or even Phoenix backs but vintaged treated for a special edition.
Yes, and so on....
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
I wonder who started the rumour? I suppose if one back tracks in the threads one might find one of the sources. Smile
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1356 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Quote:
On 2010-03-02 11:29, Card-Shark wrote:
BTW, I have hidden a unique feature in the faces of all Phoenix cards. Or is there someone who already wants to guess what it is?
You can find this built-in feature on ALL faces of the Phoenix Deck.

I know the secret and it is VERY good and indedectable.
However, I don't know if ot is a good idea to make it public....
For the fans of the Phoenix decks it is a big surplus, for the sceptocs of the Phoenix deck it can he an argument more to be against.
I suggest you make a little note (with the secret expleined) that you put with every order of 4 or more Phoenix decks.
That's anyway how I would do it.
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1755 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
With this feature Jeff McBride fooled Eugene Burger three times in a row. He had no chance to find it. Even if he guessed pretty close, he had no clue. Explaining the feature afterwards all people at the table congratulated about adding this feature.

It is an extra on top that no other deck ever had. You can make use of it but you don´t have to. As it is so subtle, nobody will ever complain, so far nobody found it if I did not tell him.

So everybody interested: sign in for my newsletter and get the info including one routine by John Kennedy. I hope I will be able to film the routine in a couple of days.

Chinese Proverb
Lloyd_SG
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of Lloyd_SG
I'm very impress by whole project. Unfortunately, I didn't get my hands onto the decks during the presales period. Was hoping for some promotion to come by soon but I'm getting impatient.

Christian: Where are you located at in Germany? Since I'm currently also in Germany, I'm hoping to meet you in person too.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24306 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I purchased a number of Phoenix items from Christian at the WMS.

One of them was the marked Phoenix Deck. Christian has completely surpassed anything that Ted Lesley or any of his copiers ever made. As many of you know, I was a close friend of Ted. The chief disadvantage of the Ted Lesley system was that the marks were actually not part of the design. They actually stood out so much that some uninformed spectators could see them.

This was also true of the clones of the Lesley system. I know a number of people who used the Dekram deck, who got busted the first time they brought those cards out. Once a gilpin knows about those marks, he can spot them on the Lesley pack as well. In fact, they HUNT for them.

Christian's idea is actually closer to what Al Baker did with the Baker Readers. If you have Pet Secrets or The Secret Ways of Al Baker you can find the system in there. His system altered the design of the back, so it blended in with it rather than standing out from it. Ironically, Christian's system is easier for people with poor eyesight to read. The work is actually larger.

The Texas Cards are a wonderful idea. I got both sets of those.

Another thing you need to look at is his Roughing Grid.

BTW, jondunlap -- Vernon used a gaff from time to time. Do you know what it was?
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1755 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
The Phoenix will get fresh air under his wings soon. Today I got my prototype deck of my Phoenix Double-Decker. That means a deck that consists of twice as many cards as a regular Phoenix Deck but still fits into a regular card case. And as the design of the cards is identical to a regular Phoenix Deck, you can easily ring in the Double-Decker to perform an impossible trick and then ring it out again. Nobody will ever catch you!!!

The cards are wonderful, I am very excited about this new project. At the WMS I had a similar deck with me, containing 104 cards. I prepared a special "Ultimate Brainwave" deck, where you can freely show all faces and all backs. Whatever card they name, I can spread the deck, take their named card out, turn the deck over and show a complete red deck. Their named card will be blue! Very intriguing, I fooled and impressed a lot of (VIP) magicians with that at the World Magic Seminar.

This deck will be available in April, the presale phase will start soon....

Chinese Proverb
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24306 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I saw that deck, Christian. It is really great! I have an idea for it that you might be interested in. It would require contacting Max Maven, but I think you have the right kind of way to do it.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
whitelynx_nivla
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of whitelynx_nivla
Hi Christian
I had a lil problem...
I ordered 16 decks back at January 20th

Also I got this mail
"Hi Alvin,

the package was definetely shipped out on January, the 21st 2010 by DHL. According to DHL it can take up to 5 weeks until it arrives in Jakarta. DHL does not give any tracking number when it is a standard shipping. Please, be a little patient and let us know as soon as the package will arrive.

Thank you.

Cheers from Germany

Rula Gianouchailidou-Schenk

Card-Shark.de"

But I still haven't got them now...

I'm Alvin Raditya from Indonesia btw...
I don't get any order number or such, so I can't give you any preference of my order beside my name and country.

What can I do about it?
Please help

Thanks
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1755 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Hi Alvin,

we still are in the tolerance zone but the cards should show up within the next two weeks. Usually orders reach their target within 5-10 days, but somehow there are some countries where it can REALLY take a while. I will try to establish a way of tracking shippings but for that I have to raise my shipping rates. So I will soon offer two kinds of shipping, the standard one for the old price or the premium one for a few Dollars / Euro more.

@Bill: surely I am interested, please shoot me an email about the idea, I am already collecting several of them here and stay in contact with some magicians about that. They will get the first decks as soon as they come out to play around with it.

Chinese Proverb
whitelynx_nivla
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Oke, thanks Christian

Thanks for the quick respond..

Can't wait 0_o
Darrin Cook
View Profile
Special user
621 Posts

Profile of Darrin Cook
I used to be able to use a Hoyle card with a bicycle deck. The Hoyle was just a hair longer, which made possible some very interesting and powerful effects. I am definitely interested in a long card.

The thin cards would also be valuable. I think they would come in handy during Cannibal cards, for instance.
whitelynx_nivla
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Mine still haven't showed up...
I'm getting worried... Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » The Phoenix Deck - What do you think? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL