The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » The Phoenix Deck - What do you think? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1755 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
I started a DHL search for your order, Whitelynx.

In the next few days I will start the presale phase for the thin Phoenix cards, called the Phoenix Double Decker. Everybody who wants to get a special deal should sign in for my newsletter before I start the presale phase. (All magicians who already ordered something from me are automatically in the newsletter.)

Christian
Expert in playing card production for magicians.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
whitelynx_nivla
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of whitelynx_nivla
Hi Richard
So, do you have any info about the package?
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Quote:
On 2010-04-05 14:05, whitelynx_nivla wrote:
Hi Richard

Consider doing your business via email.
Doing your "business" in the open forum is bad form.
King14
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of King14
Purchased my decks from The Card Collection in England.Great cards.I hope Card-Shark will be doing more special offers on these great cards
King14
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of King14
Sorry.The gaffed cards not very hot.some of Db's printed of center,great for book marks
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1755 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
King14, please send me a PM. I would send you better cards.

I sorted most of the cards myself and tried to elimininate all off-center CUT cards. It is not their print, it is their mashine responsible for punching out the cards that has the problem. A typical USPCC problem that makes me angry also.

Chinese Proverb
King14
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of King14
Its only 3 or 4 cards.The cards are great.It would be great if you could produce the gaffs for Aces in their faces with the big Aces??
whitelynx_nivla
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-04-07 11:08, silverking wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-04-05 14:05, whitelynx_nivla wrote:
Hi Richard

Consider doing your business via email.
Doing your "business" in the open forum is bad form.

sorry...
but like I said...my 3 previous mails never get responded, so I decided to ask him here...
I'll try mails again.
sorry
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1755 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Hm, I always answered your emails immediately and also forwarded your concerns twice to DHL who are responsible for that. They could even see in their computers that the package left Germany on a ship to Indonesia. I know this is an unbearable long time but what shall I do? Ship out a second order without knowing if their insurance will pay or perhaps they could even see that it was lost or delivered.

This is their job and that is why we have a tracking here. I will do my best to help you with whatever I can.

Just to some good news: The Phoenix Double-Decker is finally released, the deck that looks identical to a standard Phoenix Deck but where 108 cards fit into a card case.

If you can´t believe it, watch this video:

http://www.card-shark.de/flv/youtube_vid......FfcUpOkY

Chinese Proverb
Doug Peters
View Profile
Special user
I have a life, so I only have
592 Posts

Profile of Doug Peters
Any chance there could be a same-both-sides (SBS) deck in the future?

Even when Cards-by-Martin supplied them, they were $$$...

Brilliant work with the Ultimate Brainwave Deck, btw!

Doug
"if you have any answers, it's time to ask harder questions!"
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1755 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
I would never say never. Meanwhile with the Double Decker cards you could glue them back to back and this would result in such a deck. Up to you...

Chinese Proverb
Doug Peters
View Profile
Special user
592 Posts

Profile of Doug Peters
You have a point there! :-D

Any recommendations on glue that wouldn't make the deck 10% thicker than it started?
Doug Peters
View Profile
Special user
592 Posts

Profile of Doug Peters
After further reflection, what I really want is a back-to-back roughed deck -- too bad your roughing products aren't available in North America! Smile
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1755 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
I recommend to use my spraygrid that could be shipped to the USA. This will allow to keep the thin cards (and all other cards) in place while spraying them.

A good alternative to my roughing spray would be Krylon 1311 that you can purchase at any home depot in the USA so far I know.

Chinese Proverb
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
Hi all,
An opinion from one fellow in Toronto, Canada: I just placed my fourth 8 deck order.
The cards are close equivalent to Bikes. Previous comments are accurate re: slippery finish that moderates over time.
The addition of the oft-maligned second set of aces is something I appreciated the moment I saw them…have worked out a little routine about the trials and tribulations of dieting and the “swelled” aces expand and contract with the story narrative.
I do ascribe to the notion that “it is not the cards, it is the performer” but we do love to handle diverse objects, do we not? For an ardent lover of card magic, a multiplicity of decks is as exciting as cups are to the cups and balls performer. I know a fine cups gent who collects wands and can wax eloquent about the materials used, the length, the weight, the luster, etc…he once regaled me with a 20 minute monologue about the pleasure of using a Lignum Vitae wood wand.
A long way of saying: lighten up, dear colleagues. It is ok to have some fun and play around with new decks – these are certainly more than worthy and they haven’t aroused lay suspicion yet.
As a side note: I also bought the Heirloom deck and Corner of Piccadilly – a great non-table Monte routine that can accommodate different performing personas.
I am not sure why the Jokers are attracting negative comments. Whether used as Phoenixes (which do allow for deep metaphorical stories) or simply birds, they suit the deck.
The customer service is strong and the products are good quality and innovative.
I hope the Phoenix decks gain traction and become established as one of the more potent additions to our card pharmacopeia.
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
vinnymac
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of vinnymac
I just received my order of 16 (including gummi bears) recently and like them. I agree with Scott's earlier post about whether or not these look "tricky." I've been enjoying these and the customer service was excellent. I've even given some away as gifts, to share the joy. Thanks.
whitelynx_nivla
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Whew
at last, my order on January came.
My blame goes to DHL and postal service, because there's a note that Card Shark did send the package in 21st of January.

The card stock is thick, I like it. This will last long.
But I think this kind of finish don't do well on my country climate (tropic) because it makes small blocks when fanned. Not too much, but they're there.

Also I love the edges, right out side the box, the deck can be faroed both face up and face down easily.

As for Joker, I go to people that prefer 2 jokers instead 1. But hey, nothing is perfect isn't it? ^__^
Voldemort
View Profile
Special user
Florida
562 Posts

Profile of Voldemort
I just got mine this morning. Its my first order of Phoenix cards and I got a four pack to check them out. After playing with them for a few hours I have to say, I really like them. They faro right out of the box. I Immediately did 7 out faro's to bring the deck around as soon as I opened them. (Old habit, I do that whenever I open a new deck). They faro perfectly every time. (Something that is important to me). The cards do feel a little thin to me. I don't know why because when I measured them they measured the same as a bicycle card. (0.26mm -0.27mm) Maybe the glue is different or the stock is different... I don't know. But they do feel different than regular bikes to me. Not in a bad way of course!! Nothing wrong with different. But they will take some getting use to.

I do really like the back design. I didn't think I would for a long time which is why I hesitated ordering them. But it grows on you quickly. Its nice without being too flashy.

Now I have to agree with some of the others that I would rather have two jokers included in the deck than the other aces. I don't really care for the other aces myself. But I'm sure that there are some that like them. I'd rather see two jokers and a couple standard gaffs included. (Like DB'ers or something to that effect). I mean these ARE primarily cards for and bought by magician's, so I don't see the harm. In fact I think it could be beneficial. But that's of course up to Christian.

Overall... I really like these cards and I think Christian has done a superb job in bringing his project together. Kudos to you Christian!!

Now, the one thing I don't like about the cards: The price. I know that they aren't that expensive compared to some other brands of cards out there. But compared to the bikes I've always used, They are kind of high. I paid $3.00 US per deck plus $6.50 US to ship all four of them. That brings me up to $4.63 US per deck. In short, I can buy 4 decks of bikes for one deck of Phoenix. I realize that this is not anyones fault and Christian has, I'm sure, Priced them as fairly as he could. But for the amount of decks that I seem to go through, Its just not feasible for me to switch. Gaffs or no gaffs. But don't let any of that keep you from buying some and trying them out. I'm just saying that for ME, They are a little expensive. For you they may be just fine and totally worth it. And I don't know if Christian offers any kind of bulk discount for buying say, A gross, that could bring the per deck price more into my range. I'll have to ask him.

But I DO really like the cards and I think congratulations are in order to Christian for making this a reality.
"Flight from death"
Buy the WILD AT HEART e-book to help Rachael Columbini here: http://www.lybrary.com/wild-heart-p-76110.html
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1755 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Hi everybody and thanks for the rave reviews. Just to let you know: please take your actual Magic magazine and open up Joshua Jay´s section... Surprise, surprise... Smile

About pricing: Please ask your local magic dealer to get Phoenix Decks for you. I am open for wholesale and will support them as best as I can when they contact me. Just give them the link http://www.phoenixdeck.com and let them contact me.

On the other hand: I charge flat shipping cost and when you only order four decks, the 6,50 US$ shipping divided on these four decks is pretty high. All US and Canadian orders are shipped out from Card-Shark USA situated in Jamestown NY. So service will be fast and reliable.

The more popular the decks get the easier it will be to access them. Just give them a chance please, I will not disappoint you.

I am very excited as with the Double Deckers I recently released a thin deck that matches the Phoenix Deck and can be ringed in without ANY notice for the spectator.

And another project is "in the pipeline" that will fill a gap for card magicians doing magic for 50 - 100 people (what most of us do from time to time). Forget Jumbo cards or Jumbo index cards, be aware for the Phoenix Parlour Deck coming soon...

Chinese Proverb
Voldemort
View Profile
Special user
Florida
562 Posts

Profile of Voldemort
I would love to get these from a local shop, Unfortunately I don't have one. The one that I did have right up the street shut down about 2 years ago. Otherwise I would absolutely let them know about the Phoenix decks.

If I could order two hundred decks from you and get a good price, I probably would because I really like the cards. But two hundred is a little bit too much for just myself.

And I LOVE the double deckers. I think I'm going to pick one of those up no matter what.

Anyway, I'll support you any way I can Christian. I'd like to see these take off and replace bikes for magicians. It would be cool to try to get them into drug stores and wal-marts and such. Extra sales to laymen probably couldn't hurt.
"Flight from death"
Buy the WILD AT HEART e-book to help Rachael Columbini here: http://www.lybrary.com/wild-heart-p-76110.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » The Phoenix Deck - What do you think? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL