The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Can't remember the name of silk effect?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cardone
View Profile
Special user
858 Posts

Profile of cardone
Hello anyone know the name of the animated silk that is done like the zombie ... with the gimick on the thumb... I can't remember the name for the life of me ....thanks guys ...
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7550 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Waltizing Matlida. Steve Duscheck.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22800 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
There are Indian and Chinese copies on the market currently. Tenyo is the authorized manufacturer of this effect. I do not know if they paid Dusheck his dues, but they are calling it Waltzing Matilda.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
That is not a zombie effect, Pranky hank was the Zombie version. Matilda was just animation. Although it could be done with a foulard.
Matilda however was using the thumb, Pranky uses several fingers and some use their thumb in the trigger.
I do matilda simultaneously with a dancing canr.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22800 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Yes he could be refering to the Pranky Hanky by Don Wayne, no longer being made except in the expensive version. Then it became Don Wayne's Dancing Hank, and Sean Bogunia purchased the production rights from Don Wayne, as he was making his electronic version here: http://www.sbultimate.com/ultimatehank.shtml

India has copied it and it is now availabe as the Dancing Hank, Mak Magic is importing it to the USA. This is not an electronic version. And according to the ad it works slightly differently then the origional Pranky Hanky. Don't know how good this copy is.

http://abbottmagic.com/Dancing-Handkerch......6739.htm
cardone
View Profile
Special user
858 Posts

Profile of cardone
Hello ..thanks guys ..... Waltzing Matilda ...thats it ...Thanks soo much !! The Don Wayne Dancing Hank standard edition is great ! I wish it wasn't a knock off !
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Can't remember the name of silk effect?? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL