The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Oraculum by Simon Corneille (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2431 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Hello folks!

I just saw this advertised at Hank Lee's but although it does not seem to be a new product and it sounds pretty good, I never heard of it... Anyone heard about it?:

http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/product.php?productid=2833

"From Canadian mentalist Simon Corneille comes Oraculum , an incredible mental routine.
Show a notepad and a deck of cards. The deck is absolutely ordinary .

Remove the deck from the box and give it several shuffles.

Point out that next to the pad of paper is a pen that has five ink colors. Ask the spectator to mentally select any card from the deck. Then, ask her to choose a color from the pen. Let's say it's green.

With that color ink, the spectator writes down the name of her card on the notepad.

Now ask the spectator to locate her card in the deck. When she finds it, it has the word "green" written on the back! The same color she chose! Of course, there is nothing written on any of the other cards. A great piece of mentalism, but there's more!

Remove a single playing card from the notepad. It exactly matches the spectator's chosen card! This is a killer!

The method is brilliant. The props are really well-made. Comes with notepad, pen and full instructions."

Would love to see some review!

Thanks!
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2431 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Wow... nearly 200 views and nobody ever heard of this?

I saw on another website that someone was selling this back in 2007... wonder why this hasn't made more noise...

Anybody?
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3085 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Funny, never came across this one before.....Well, since you seem to have discovered it, I vote that you take the plunge and let us know if it's any good Smile
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
I agree with him ^^^^^^ (Eric)

Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2431 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Yea right... lol not that it's THAT expensive, but still, I don't have a wonderful feeling about this... and I hate buying things that end up in the back of my drawer... Mmmmm I'll wait a little first Smile

It's just weird that such an effect isn't very well-known... since the ad really seems promising.

Maybe someone else will know it? Guys? Smile
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2431 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
So... more than 400 had a look at this and nobody has a clue... weird... especially since this item doesn't seem to be sold everywhere...

Ok... maybe I'll take the plundge... we'll see...
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
401 views ... and I've never seen it before. Bad advertising I guess or maybe it's just not that great.

Maybe it's like this except with cards:

http://www.martinsmagic.com/?html=full&n......ey=1612#

J
Gianni
View Profile
Special user
WILMINGTON, DE
993 Posts

Profile of Gianni
I had the effect a long time ago. I can't review it because all I remember is that there was something about it that I did not like, and I got rid of it. It may be that the trick had a similar affect on other buyers, and so it got no play. But, again, I can't fairly give the specifics of my feelings.

Gianni
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Remove a single playing card from the notepad. It exactly matches the spectator's chosen card! This is a killer!

There are playing cards in the notepad?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
tincture
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of tincture
The ad copy is wonderful ha.
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2431 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Quote:
On 2009-12-06 17:41, johncesta wrote:
401 views ... and I've never seen it before. Bad advertising I guess or maybe it's just not that great.

J

Yes... and it appears to be at least 3 years old.

Ok... I'll order it and let you know... Hopefully I'm not making a mistake.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Hi! Sorry it took me so long to react (I don't visit the Café so often these days). I created Oraculum in 1999, and presented it in a convention in Montreal (where it sold out). I didn't want to give the selling or distribution rights to anybody, so I sold Oraculum directly to a few magic shops (Hank lee, Hocus Pocus, and some others in France, Germany and elsewhere in Europe). I had really good reviews and comments on this one! My "old" website is still oneline ( http://www3.sympatico.ca/simco/simco.htm ) but please do not send inquiries by regular mail, as my address has changed... If you have any questions, feel free to ask thru the Café or better by email at simco@sympatico.ca .
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1252 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
Simcoscor:

Could be good to have a performance video of it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Oraculum by Simon Corneille (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL