The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Sleight of Hand Cellars (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mediamonk
View Profile
Regular user
Walla Walla
103 Posts

Profile of mediamonk
Thought this might interest some of you wine lovers out there. Here in Walla Walla we have a great little winery called...yeah, Sleight of Hand. You should check out their website at http://www.sofhcellars.com
They have a great selection of wines, mostly reds but a couple whites. Very affordable and very good. Their late harvest Gewurztraminer is great with desert.

Enjoy

Stephen
"There are two ways of living life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is." -Albert Einstein
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Dodd mentioned them on his popdcast Roundtable #2. Any knowledge if there is a magician in the group of founders, or why the magic tie in?
mediamonk
View Profile
Regular user
Walla Walla
103 Posts

Profile of mediamonk
I don't have any idea. I'm planning on stopping in and asking, maybe trying to get a gig at their winemakers dinner. Their website doesn't make any mention of a magician in the group. They may have just thought it was a cool name. Thanks for the heads-up on the podcast, I'll have to grab it.
"There are two ways of living life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is." -Albert Einstein
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
The winemaker is a guy named Trey Bush and he is very talented and used to be the head winemaker at Basel Cellars also in Walla Walla.

The bottle labels are takeoffs of famous old style magic posters with names like "levitation" & "Spellbinder" etc...

But the wines here are very solid, and so this should not be confused with some novelty cheapo wine - this is good juice. I did a tasting with Trey Bush about 5 years ago at Basel Cellars and he makes an excellent product.

I honestly don't think the founders are magicians per se - I think they chose the name as it makes for good marketing - Trey is more of a cowboy than a magician if you ever meet him. Fellow magicians should taste their juice though:

http://www.sofhcellars.com/sofhcellars/catalog/index.jsp
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Wait a minute, Sleight of Hand Cellars? How do I know I am getting the wine I think I am getting?
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
mediamonk
View Profile
Regular user
Walla Walla
103 Posts

Profile of mediamonk
More info I found. The proprietors are not magicians, in fact the shop is named for a song by Pearl Jam. They do regularly hire a magician for work, he also happens to be their graphic artist.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Thanks they look cool. I will have to get some.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Sleight of Hand Cellars (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL