The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » First attempt...um... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1966 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Okay,

so I tried out the basic routine from manchurian approach and manage to get my girlfriend to forget her name and stick her hands to the table.

I also got to feel a coke can become heavy. However when I tried to give her a different name or make myself invisible she just wasnt having it. She just snapped out of trance and said,"no, that isn't working."

was the command so "out there" that it jarred her? Any insight would be great.

Best
m
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Well done. Amnesia is a good threshold to cross.

It would be useful to know how you phrased the suggestions for a new name and the hallucination? Did you create a definite moment for it to occur? Did you lose your own faith that it would happen?

Either way you have achieved plenty.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Having her forget her name may have been easier than trying to have her accept a new name for any of a wide variety of reasons. As Anthony pointed out, without know what you did it's impossible to say. I would add that without knowing her it is impossible to say.

Hypnosis does not make people do what they aren't willing to do. She was unwilling to change her name or have you be invisible. As Anthony implies, you may not have created "a definite moment" for her to accept those suggestions.

I would guess from just your brief explanation (and I fully admit this is only a guess) that either she did not have rapport enough with you AS A HYPNOTIST (she certainly has rapport with you in other ways) to allow herself to accept the suggestions or you had not prepared her (by making the suggestions desirable, fun, by assuring she was deeply in trance, etc.) so that she would be ready to accept the suggestions.

Were I in your shoes, and at this stage of your development as a hypnotist, I would suggest (no pun intended) that you hypnotize her and bring her out several times in succession. Don't worry about giving suggestions for stunts, just hypnotize her and bring her out. This is a form of what is called "fractionation." It will help her go deeply into trance and give her comfort (i.e., increase rapport) with your ability as a hypnotist.

Even better, work with some other people, too!

Keep up the good work.
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1966 Posts

Profile of The Mac
I agree. My phrasing was more or less that of Anthonys on the dvds.

She doesn't want to do more hypnosis cause she said the name forgetting thing felt weird. I promised more "pleasurable" experiences though Smile

I feel the need to just go out there and try it in a bar that I havent been to. Maybe start out with mentalism effects then just "go for it". Also, friends of friends, make nice participants.

Will keep you updated on progress.
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1966 Posts

Profile of The Mac
I agree. My phrasing was more or less that of Anthonys on the dvds.

She doesn't want to do more hypnosis cause she said the name forgetting thing felt weird. I promised more "pleasurable" experiences though Smile

I feel the need to just go out there and try it in a bar that I havent been to. Maybe start out with mentalism effects then just "go for it". Also, friends of friends, make nice participants.

Will keep you updated on progress.
tiriri
View Profile
Loyal user
Ecuador
247 Posts

Profile of tiriri
I think it might have to do also with how deep was she in trance. I usually do the invisibility test after a few easier tests like clasp hands and some acting, once I’m sure they are in a good trance and/or after some deepening and fractioning.

Giovanni.
nachotuoni
View Profile
New user
Ecuador
58 Posts

Profile of nachotuoni
Im Tiriri's friend, and I saw him today and it was awesome! And what he says is proved to be right. He gets them on a deeper trance and then the "heavier" commands work perfectly! Keep on my good friend!
Que viva la magia!
tiriri
View Profile
Loyal user
Ecuador
247 Posts

Profile of tiriri
Thank you for your good words Nachotuoni Smile
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
There is quite a 'hypno-posse' in Ecuador. I hope to come and meet you guys one day.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
tiriri
View Profile
Loyal user
Ecuador
247 Posts

Profile of tiriri
Hi Anthony!

That will be great!

Stage hypnosis is just starting in Ecuador. I was the second one to go on stage doing hypnosis, Scherzo is the third one and it seems that tuoni will be next. We all got very excited when you pm with scherzo about coming down here. I hope it happens soon Smile

Giovanni.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Its more likely that she wasn't conditioned enough to accept those bigger suggestions.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » First attempt...um... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL