The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The most amazing save by a hockey goalie (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Mikka Kiprusoff makes some pretty incredible saves, but last night he did something I've never seen before. If you miss it in real time (and you probably will) check out the replay starting at about 0:40.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Hey! That is my arena! I lived about five minuted from there, use to go to the Sharks all the time. Never understood the game but it was fun to attend.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20396 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
He was looking right at it when he kicked it out too. Directly over his left shoulder. Good thing the goal got kicked off or it would have been for nothing.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20396 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
First time my wife went to a Flyers game with her friends it was funny. I should preface this with my wife is from Spain.

So they have an "iceing" call in the game and everyone in the old Spectrum starts to BOOOOO really loudly. My wife asks innocently "what is that?" wondering about the penalty.

Her friends say "That is called boooing and they do it when they are unhappy with one of the calls the ref makes".
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
941 Posts

Profile of cfrye
I lived in Calgary in 1989, the year the Flames won the Stanley Cup, and have followed the team since then. I saw the save live last night.

My wife and I like to vacation in Vancouver, BC. Last year we saw the Flames and Canucks play and I was wearing my Flames practice jersey that day. That day was the only time(s) a Canadian has ever been rude to me. Smile

Curt
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

I hear you Curt. I'm a displaced Calgarian, now living in Edmonton. I figure sports fans are all temporarily insane, so we need to make allowances Smile

John
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
941 Posts

Profile of cfrye
Q: How do you find a Calgarian in a movie theatre?

A: Move the middle of a row and step on people's toes until someone says "Excuse me."

Curt
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Quote:
My wife and I like to vacation in Vancouver, BC. Last year we saw the Flames and Canucks play and I was wearing my Flames practice jersey that day. That day was the only time(s) a Canadian has ever been rude to me. Smile
Curt

Next time wear a Toronto Maple Leafs jersey and nobody will bother you!!!LOL.

John
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20396 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Especially if it is an old Tie Domi jersey.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Ever notice that Tie Domi is an anagram for "Me Idiot"?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20396 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I noticed that a long time ago but never had the testicular fortitude to express it. Even from another country.

John you are making me miss the old Chicago Stadium.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

And speaking of Chicago, their young team looks great. I'm particularly impressed with Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane. Look out!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20396 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I have to say they look good young for the first time that I can remember. They have always had trouble with bringing up guys through the farm teams. Even the year they lost the Stanley Cup they were an older team for sure.

That brings me to a thorn in my side. They won the "Presidents Cup" that year by winning the largest number of regular season games. Well they went on to lose the Stanley Cup. Technically I think it should be the "Vice Presidents Cup" LOL.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The most amazing save by a hockey goalie (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL