The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » It's snowing in Livermore, CA! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2009-12-08 09:09, MAKMagic wrote:
Lol Weather is not Climate once warming can't be proven any longer. Same fear, same cause but now witha new flavor of death and destruction and a Shiney new name! It's like Coke Zero

Michael, I have to take exception to this. Coke Zero is the best diet cola drink ever, BY FAR.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Snowed here Friday night. First time I ever recall that we had snow here before my family had it in Illinois. Looks like they are about to get pounded now, though.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
MAKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I got banned for one of my
555 Posts

Profile of MAKMagic
Quote:
On 2009-12-08 19:40, balducci wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-12-08 09:34, MAKMagic wrote:

What I DON'T buy is scare mongering the world over, forced redistribution of wealth, new globally enforced laws and taxes (taking away my Country rights, and as far as I'm concerncered imposing on it's soverignity) all in the name of a unproven issue. There IS no consensus. Not amidst the scientists nor the population as a whole.

So first you denounce scaremongering, then you go and scaremonger about globally enforced laws and taxes, the taking away of your country's rights, impositions on its sovereignty, etc.?

Being that this is where I (an many others) see this going, yes. I suppose you have a point though. May it be the scaremongering and it's levels are in the eye of the beholder?
If though, your statement is to nullify mine then - OK. We're still left with the countries assembling together RIGHT NOW to pretty much do what I said up there (albeit much less dramaticly and slower moving I'm sure). So then what? Do you doubt this is their next step?
.:Michael Kelley
<BR>www.RandomActsofEntertainment.com
On the Level, By the Square
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Let's try to contain the global warming debate in the Copenhagen thread, folks- I'd rather talk about how to keep my cactus garden from sprouting ice crystals. I've got a young sago palm out back I forgot about- I hope it makes it through the week...
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2914 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Quote:
On 2009-12-08 19:40, balducci wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-12-08 09:34, MAKMagic wrote:

What I DON'T buy is scare mongering the world over, forced redistribution of wealth, new globally enforced laws and taxes (taking away my Country rights, and as far as I'm concerncered imposing on it's soverignity) all in the name of a unproven issue. There IS no consensus. Not amidst the scientists nor the population as a whole.

So first you denounce scaremongering, then you go and scaremonger about globally enforced laws and taxes, the taking away of your country's rights, impositions on its sovereignty, etc.?

Haha good point. He must be trying to get a job at Fox News
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1649 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
David,
That's not the first time you've entered a thread to throw a pot-shot at Fox. Maybe it would serve you well to read your own Gandhi quote, hmm?

It started snowing here the same time it always does. A couple times in years past, it's held off til later, but not usually.
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
How about that. A thread about snow is getting snowed!

Speakin of the real stuff, you know, cold, white, falls from the sky stuff, we got a good dump of it this morning. My regular morning commute of about 120 km which normally takes just over an hour took closer to 3 hours this morning. Does anyone know if there's any space left in southern Florida for a 50+ Canadian?
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
2885 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Yeah, gee whiz, all I said originally was, it's snowing in a place that hasn't seen snow in a long time... Smile
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
That'll teach you George to be such a **** disturber with your controversial topics!!! Smile
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
We got your freakin' snow and cold here bay area, up yours.
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
2885 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Quote:
On 2009-12-09 13:15, RJE wrote:
That'll teach you George to be such a **** disturber with your controversial topics!!! Smile

Yeah, I guess it will! Smile
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » It's snowing in Livermore, CA! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL